06 | talking to the moon

Start from the beginning

He feels weak and pathetic when Jimin lets him know that Jeongguk asked how he was doing, figuring the alpha now thinks of him as a weakling.

Jimin has convinced him to join their pack tonight for what the smaller omega says is a night of festivities due to the full moon.

He reassures Taehyung that he does not have to go if he is not ready but Taehyung has spent too many nights alone with his thoughts.

He cannot hide from the world forever and if he plans to become a lone wolf, then he must learn to keep his head held high and show some confidence in himself.

The pack surely is crawling with alphas and the thought of going out there and being this vulnerable scares him but it is time he takes those fears and turns them into strength.

He vowed to never let an alpha walk all over him and that includes the head alpha.

Jimin helps guide him out of the infirmary with a hand on his shoulder but Taehyung shrugs it off.

He grows nervous as they make their way down a dirt path, the sound of distant chatter fills his ears and unfamiliar scents hit his nose all at once.

It has been so long since he has been around so many people at once and he feels slightly overwhelmed the closer they get to the clearing.

They don't stop and stare like he expects them to and he is grateful for the fact. But that does not mean that they don't look at him, some with curiosity and others with narrowed eyes and hesitation.

They don't know him and surely his omega scent is foreign to them.

Taehyung doesn't meet any of their gazes but feels one in particular linger much after the rest of the wolves look away and resume their activities.

He hates that his mind immediately goes to one distinct wolf and before he can begin to search the crowd, Yoongi walks up to them.

He greets his mate with a chaste kiss to his lips before pulling away and nodding in greeting to Taehyung.

The omega has grown quite a liking to Yoongi's silent yet polite nature and finds that he appreciates the alpha keeping his distance from him, physically and emotionally.

"Are you hungry? Seokjin and Namjoon saved a table." Yoongi asks as he places a hand on the small of Jimin's back and the omega preens.

"Come on, Tae. Yoongi makes the best barbecue ribs." He gushes to the omega who walks quietly beside them, no longer surprised to the fact that an alpha is grilling the meat.

He bites his tongue from saying that it's an alpha's job to hunt and for the omega to cook the meat.

Yoongi prepares a plate for his mate and Taehyung watches in fascination as he asks Jimin what he wants on the plate.

Taehyung has had the displeasure of having to serve Chang-ho a meal or two whenever their pack was gathered like this, which was a rare occurrence on its own.

Jimin is kind enough to prepare a plate for Taehyung, asking him if he prefers fish or meat, or both on his plate.

The omega quietly points to the ribs, unsure of when his hungry has spiked and he figures it is due to the fact that he had an early lunch today.

They eventually make their way towards some tables that have been set up for the wolves to feast on and Taehyung feels awkward the moment they sit at a table with two other wolves.

Their scents smell clean, like freshly washed linen with a hint of mint.

"Taehyung, this is Namjoon and his mate Seokjin." Jimin introduces them as soon as they sit and Taehyung finally musters the courage to look up.