11- Meeting Classmates

DENKI POV
I wake up on Sunday with sun shining on my face. I look at my alarm clock to see that it is 8 in the morning. I get dressed and head down stairs to smell peameal bacon and eggs being cooked. "Good morning Denki," Dad says as I come into the kitchen "Could you put some bread into the toaster for us?" "Sure dad." I say while putting bread in the toaster and pushing it down "I know you like foamy milk so I bought a frothier yesterday for us to try. I made café mochas for us, there on the counter." "Okay, thanks dad." the toaster pops and I make myself a sandwich. We sit down at the table and eat our breakfast when dad starts speaking "Today we are gonna go back to the school to get your schedule and meet some of your new classmates. Then we need to get you school supplies. That okay with you?" "Yep."

~~TIME SKIP~~

We pulled into the school parking lot and walked into the school. Mr Parr greeted us "Hello, I have your schedule right here. The students your meeting should be here soon. They are all your age." he handed me my schedule and I looked at it. For this year my schedule is;
P1- English (applied)
P2- Science (applied)
P3- Math (applied)
P4- Hero Class (A)

I then looked at my schedule for next year;

"Mr Parr, I have questions about some of the classes

"Mr Parr, I have questions about some of the classes." "Of course," he says smiling "what would you like to know?" "What is art analysis and extreme sports?" I ask him "Arts analysis is looking the different medias of art such as Movies, music, and visual art, and explores what different tones, colours and shading represent. Extreme sports is a class that explores non traditional sports such as parkour, BMX biking, skateboarding. You can learn about different sports or you can do research about them." "Those are very interesting classes. I think I'll enjoy them." Mr Parr looked at his phone "The students are here. You will have all your classes with at least one of them." he said walking to the group.

"Denki?" "Hi Liz!" I said as I neared the group "You've met before?" Mr Parr asks "Yes, I have met the twins and Ashley." "That's excellent. I'll introduce you to the rest. This is Mia, Jaden, Zac, Emma, Luka-Ray, and Jasmine. You are all dismissed." Mr Parr said walking away "Dad, can I hang out with them for the day? I'll pick up school supplies on my way back home." he thought for a second "Sure Denks, your skate board and backpack are in the car. Don't do anything illegal without asking me first, okay?" he said smiling "Sure dad." I get my board and dad drives off.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I ask them "Well we could head over to the park and get to know each other a bit better." Luka says "Sounds good to me." we all get our skate boards and long boards other than Emma who puts on roller skates, and make our way to the park. On the way I text the new group which they have called 'The Denki Protection Squad' or 'DPS'. Once at the park we find a couple of picnic benches and sit down.

pika_pika- Hey guys. I know its like midnight there but I wanted to check in on you guys. I'm starting my school tomorrow and I've already made some friends. Hope you all have a good day at school 😁

"Who are you messaging?" Ashley asked noticing I was writing in Japanese "My friends from home. They made a group chat called 'the Denki Protection Squad'. They're probably all asleep right now though." "Why protection?" Mia asked "Oh, some people thought I cheated on my girlfriend and they found out of an accident that happened with my quirk and beat me up. Then I moved." they nodded "So what hero course are you guys in?" I asked, Emma spoke up "We're all in A." "Me too! What are your quirks and pronouns? Don't want to misgender anyone. Mines electrification and my pronouns are he him."

Jaden starts "They them. Mines puppet, if someone looks me in my eyes I can control them or make them have hallucinations." "That's cool. I have a friend back in Japan with a similar quirk, if you answer his question he can control you." Zac spoke second "He him. I can make bright lights that can temporarily blind someone." Emma spoke next "I'm genderfluid. I wear bracelets to show what pronouns I feel like using. (Pic at top) I can predict outcomes of a situation and which is most likely. I can also tell what ingredients are in food." "That's pretty cool. have you tried KFC chicken to find the secret spices?" "I have but I haven't used my quirk while eating it."

Luka-Ray spoke up next "You can call me Luka or LJ since it's shorter then my whole name. He him. I can summon weapons." Jasmine was second last "She Her. Basically waterbending from Avatar. And yes I've thought about blood bending but no one wants wants me to practice on them." "You could use me as practice, you too Jaden. I helped Shinso practice with his quirk a lot." lastly was Mia "She her. I'm quirkless but I make up for it with martial arts." "That's so cool! Are there many quirkless heroes in America?" they all give me a odd look "Are there not many in Japan?" Emma asked "There aren't any. It's almost frowned apon. A friend of mine was told by the number one hero, his idol, that he couldn't be a hero with out a quirk." they all looked shocked "That's horrible," Mia said "if I had been told that by my idol I couldn't be a hero I would be so depressed." "Yeah, we were in the same class together at UA. Turns out he was a really late bloomer."

"You went to UA?" "Yeah. Why?" "That's the best school in Japan right?" "Yeah. Why?" "Were you in class 1-A?" "Yeah. Why?" "That's cool." "I guess so. I was last in the class." "Oh okay."

"So are there any couples? I know Eli and Ash are dating but who else?" I ask "Emma is dating Jaz but that's about it. The rest of us are single as hell." Jaden says with a chuckle and reaching for there bag "Denki do you mind if I vape?" "Not at all." I say. I hear a collective sigh as almost all of them reach for there bags and pull out vapes. "Have you ever vaped Denki?" Jaz asks "Nope, I've wanted to try but no one at UA is into that except one guy that smokes weed but I never smoked with him." "Okay who has the lowest nic?" Emma asks "I have my sour patch kids no nic pod with me." Luka says, he switches the pod and hands me the vape. "Might I suggest not talking while exhaling." I nod and look at it. I put it in my mouth, press the button and inhale. It felt weird going down my through. I take it away from my mouth and exhale.

"That was pretty good for your first time, not a single cough." "Thanks." I say before having a drink of my water "Maybe someday we can get you drunk or high if you want." Liz suggests "Sure." I say "How about we go to the mall, I still need to get school supplies." they all agree and we head to the mall.

~~TIME SKIP~~

I got walked in the door and went to sit with dad id the kitchen "Hey kiddo, did you have fun?" "Yeah, I probably should have asked you first but I tried vaping." "That's alright Denks. Thanks for being upfront about it. I know I can't stop you but later were gonna look up all the risks just so we're both aware. Do they do anything else?" "Yeah, they like to drink and get high sometimes." "Okay. How about this, we set up the basement to be your main hangout space for you and your friends so when you guys do stuff your in a safe place." "That sounds great dad. Thank you." I get up and hug him. "No problem. now why don't you go up stairs and get ready for school tomorrow. I'll get a start on dinner." "Okay. Call me when it's ready." I say while heading up to my room.

1450 WORDS