happy birthday your majasty

Comincia dall'inizio

"What's going on? Oh thanks but I'm not hungry" I lift my hands as someone places a plate in-front of me.

"Well, I'd like to wish you a happy birthday. It's not everyday your only son and heir to the throne turns 17" My father claps his hands together and a bunch of people run over to take his plate away.

"But?" There are always alternatives with him.

"But we need to get serious about your future" His voice drops back to its original incline.

"Right! Be king, rule Amaranth, be a good leader. Ya de ya. I know this" I chuckle, leaning back in my seat.

"You need a queen to rule with you son"

I roll my eyes and scoff "Or a king. Wait- nope. I'm going through a phase" Someone hands me a glass of water which I take a sip out of.

My father gives me a disapproving glare. "Lucas you're being delusional. Now, since you haven't been able to find a mate-"

"Ugh don't say mate. That sounds like women are only here to give us children. But I get what your going to say" I roll my eyes, wanting to bang my head against the table over and over till my brain bleeds.

"You can't be king without a queen. So we have an alliance"  I spit out my water and start choking on it. Alliance?

"You're not saying-"

"Next year, on your eighteenth birthday, you and Princess Carrie of Evender are to marry"

He said it.

"No way! I'd rather marry Blake! Which- there are many things wrong and if this were America that could probably happen but- NO I'M NOT MARRYING CARRIE WILSON!" I yell, storming off back down the hallway.

I sit in the garden, book in hand. 'History of Amaranth' the history of my country.

We're European, used to be apart of France but broke off after a war years ago. Tucked away next to Germany, Switzerland and Belgium.

My grandfather was some military leader. He won this dumb war that split the country into a fraction. That victory made him our first king, he had already been married to my grandmother.

Mother and Father were betrothed but loved each other before they were set to marry.

In my case, I despise Princess Carrie. She's THE WORST. If you think Blake is bad, imagine a 17 year old bitch with a god complex and narcissistic tendencies.

I would rather jump off a bridge than be in a room with her for 10 minutes. Now I have to marry her? God and they'll expect me to father her children. Barf. Ugh. Gross. Bleh.

"LUKE!" Someone shouts, knocking my from my thoughts. I look up and see someone dressed in similar nice clothing to mine walking over.

"Oh my god! No way" I laugh as the king of Caladium starts booking it towards me.

"Gah! Luke!" He laughs, running straight into my arms as he hugs my shoulders. "It's been to long!"

"Alex! Ugh I missed you!" I laugh as I dig my head into his shoulder.

Alex was my best friend for so long. We did everything together. That was till his parents died when he was only eleven years old. For six years, he has been king of his country, and doing a good job at it to.

"Ok so you need to tell me EVERYTHING! Oh by the way, Happy Birthday" He winks, as we sit down on the chairs in the palace gardens.

"Not much except I'm marrying Princess Carrie next year" I shrug like it's nothing.