Bonus: Carolina and Kayden

My books are on the website 'www.goodreads.com' wtf!

Specifically, 'I Fell In Love With My Best Friend', 'Fire and Ice', and 'Loving Miss Clueless'.

They're all also on Amazon Kindle, with the addition of 'I Fell In Love With My Best Friend AU'.

It would mean a lot to me if you guys to go and support them by leaving honest reviews about them!

p.s. sorry if it seems like I'm bragging, I'm just really happy.

Plus I just found out like ten minutes ago lol.

Fun Fact: 'Apollyon' means 'destroyer', this will make sense if you read the chapter

Trigger Warning: Suicide, Blood, Mental Breakdown

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kayden's POV

A Year After Carolina's Death.

I continue to play with the gold wedding band neatly set upon my left hand's ring finger.

I haven't been able to convince myself to take it off since she....Uhm-

Wow...that is so hard for me to say.

She was just coming home from the grocery store when that absolute asshole swerved into her.

I told her.

I told her to take the back road so that there would be less people on the road, but she didn't listen to me.

Stubborn that one is...

Was.

I should have gone with her.

I- I could have dropped the kids off at their aunt's house.

If I were in the same car as my wife then I could of made sure that the engine was at least turned off.

When the person swerved into her it ruined the entire right side of the car, the side that my wife was sitting on.

I have watched countless security footage and came across a multitude of photographs.

Some before the crash.

Some after the crash.

Some even during the crash.

Carolina dislikes driving on the highway.

She says that it messes with her anxiety.

This wasn't always the case.

This only happened when someone almost ran into her in a grocery store parking lot.

Wait, now that I think about it....

It was the same grocery.

On this specific day a year ago today she said that her road anxiety was way worse than it usually is.

I offered her a bottle of water or juice, but she declined.

'I'm sure that it's just because I haven't driven in a few weeks' she said.

Oh Carolina.

How wrong you were.

The drivers side door had a large indent on the outside.

According to a witness that I met the firefighters struggled to get the door open.

It got to the point where they just broke the window due to the limited time they had.