16. "Priorities"

Do any of y'all have any good paperback book recommendations?

I'm trying to expand on my collection.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's Friday!

Friday, meaning Alexis's fashion show and Prom.

I'm so excited!

This day literally could not come quicker.

After doing my business in the bathroom I get dressed in my clothes that I picked out last night.

I am wearing a white long sleeved shirt which is covered by a black, spaghetti strap dress that accentuates my bodily portions in the best way possible.

I paired this outfit with gold jewelry and a cream colored beret which is covering my straight blonde hair.

For shoes I just chose to wear my black and white high top converse.

Since today is the last day before testing I wanted to make a statement with this outfit.

What that statement is? I am not too sure yet, but I am hoping to find out soon.

I hear the doorbell ring which causes me to furrow my eyebrows.

I do not remember asking anyone for a ride.

I grab my backpack, purse and cellphone since I have to stop at the pastry shop before school anyway.

I exit my messy bedroom, the doorbell ringing again as I descend the staircase.

Hold on, damn!

It takes me a few seconds to reach the front door, but once I do reach it I immediately unlock it and swing it open before the stranger can knock on it again.

"What?!" I shout as I answer the door

My eyes instantly go wide when they land on the person behind the door.

"Alexis?" I ask

I haven't seen her in a week and she looks completely different.

For starters she is a few pounds skinnier, which is dangerous if you are already model skinny.

Second, her body is really pale, like dying pale.

"What happened to you?" I ask as I lock my front door behind me

The girl removes her aviator sunglasses from over her eyes.

I notice that her eyes are bloodshot but choose not to mention it.

"I'm on my own tonight!" She whines

I raise an eyebrow at her as I make my way towards my car.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her