027 - festival

"But we can't be together."

2nd person POV

2nd person POV

"will he be joining the mission tomorrow?" itadori asked referring to megumi as all the first-years were outside the infirmary with gojo, well except for the ravenette who was resting inside.

"well he is alright, he just needs rest." gojo answered, then suddenly as if on cue, the door suddenly swung open— showing a raven-haired boy with bandages on his head.

"i'll go." he nonchalantly said as a yawn escaped from his mouth. his face was blank. "it's an important mission, and i'm alright."

megumi then scanned the area until he locked eyes with you. his eyes widened the moment they met yours as panic swarmed his thoughts as his first instinct was to run to you.

"are you alright?" he ran towards you, looking at your arms and neck to see if there were any bruises.

'i'm the one suppose to be asking that.' you thought for a second before you felt a tight grip around your body. you then realized, megumi was hugging you.

"did i hurt you?" anxiousness filled his soft voice."i was out of control i could've—"

"megumi i'm alright." your soothing voice was enough for him to feel at ease. he pulled you closer, he missed you, he missed having you near him.

what did he do for you to walk away from him? was he not enough? all these thoughts swarmed his mind.

"i'm here, i'm okay." you weren't going to avoid him much longer. you placed your hand on his chest, feeling his heartbeat slow down. he has finally calmed down.

the others left on cue, maybe not really since nobara and itadori had to drag the crying-tears-of-joy silvernette away from the sight. so it was only you, alone with him.

megumi didn't want to break the comfortable silence that was enveloping the room. but this was the only chance he had, to ask you why you've been avoiding him.

"i apologize sincerely if my confession made it awkward between us. if you would want to stay friends, i would be okay with that. and if you like itad—"