A Sudden Appearance

Venti woke up, and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He expected it to be a normal day. He slipped on his typical clothes, and packed his bag for his classes that day when he heard his name being called from downstairs. He sighed, braided his hair before walking downstairs.

"Venti!," his mother beamed.

"Morning mom, what's the occasion," he asked sheepishly, usually he just grabbed a snack and walked out the door, eating it on the way.

"Well...you're getting to that age Venti, I think it's time for you to start acting!," she smiled, Venti froze in place.

There was something different about Venti's family, he came from a very long line of actors. He, however, wanted none of it. He wanted to just do something out of his families norm. Was that so bad? He didnt think so at least.

"But mom," Venti bit his lip softly, his face furrowing "I don't want to be an actor, I told you this"

"But Venti," she pressed a hand to Venti's arm "it's the family business, and everything is ready for you"

"Everything?," he snooted.

"Everything. We even have a show ready for you to be in! There's going to be big stars in it, one of them even requested you!"

"Requested? Me?," Venti furrowed his eyebrows.

"Remember that commercial you did as a kid? Well, he was the other actor in it, his name is Xiao. He's been wanting to meet you again for ages"

Venti remembered that boy. He remembered when Xiao comforted him when he couldn't do anything right. Xiao had hit his head and told them that he'd be fine, and softly kissed his forehead. Xiao extended a hand out to him and he smiled the most beautiful smile Venti had ever seen.

He couldn't lie to himself. He had been thinking about Xiao a lot since then, and he was a 2nd year in high school now. He was maybe 5 years old when that had happened. Nonetheless, it stuck with him.

A faint smile growing upon is lips. He missed that boy. He was odd, but he was honest about how he felt.

"Well uh...what's the show?"

His mom chuckled with excitement. "It's a simple fantasy show, Xiao, will be your love interest," she smiled.

"L-love?," he blushed. "Xiao requested ME to be his love interest?!"

She chuckled as her sons bashfulness. "Yes, but please think on it" she kissed his forehead.

Venti nodded. He didn't know how good he'd be at acting. But he sure would try. For Xiao.

"Okay mom, I gotta go, tell dad I said bye," he waved, slipping on his shoes and running out the door in order to not be late.

He walked to school as usual, scrolling through his phone. Venti ate his breakfast as texting his friend group about new concerts to go to. He couldn't wait to go to his after school club activities. It was his favourite part about school.

Giddy about getting there he began to run, slipping his phone in his pocket. He made it to the school and walked into the club room to hang out before school. However, it wasn't the normal 2 there. There was someone new. An oddly familiar face.

"X-Xiao?," he studdered.

Xiao, Aether, and Kazuha all looked at Venti who was frozen in absolute shock.

"Yeah! When were you going to tell us that you knew Xiao?! He's like a famous movie star. My sister loves him," Aether explained.

"I haven't seen him in a couple years...last time I saw him I was a child," Venti admitted bashfully.

Xiao broke out of the small circle around him and walked up to Venti, caressing his face. "You're beautiful," he muttered, under his breath.

"Uh, thanks Xiao, but what the hell are you doing here?!," he looked up at him.

Xiao let his hand fall. "Right. I go to your school now. Your manager said you were apart of this club. So I joined,"

"Xiao you can't just do that!," he looked around at our other group members who basically told him that it's Xiao, he can do whatever he wants, "oh uh, maybe you can," Venti looked away.

"I don't understand why you are upset? I came to get to know you more because you're taking the role with me, right?"

"I'm thinking about it- how did you figure out where I go to school?!," Venti looked at him.

"I called your manager," Xiao said, like everything was perfectly normal.

"Wait a minute," Kazhua looked at them, trying to make sense of this "if I may "butt" in. You're an actor Venti? I thought you wanted to be a musician?," he looked at him.

"Okay! First, Xiao it's weird. Second of all! My family is made of very famous actors, no biggie. I want to be a musician but my parents really really want me to be an actor. They said I have to act at least once, to decide if I really don't want to be an actor. And this gig came up and apparently Xiao wants me to play his love interest in this show, because we did a commercial once when I was younger," Venti tried to explain.

Aether and Kazuha eyed Venti. "Sorry I never told you! I didn't want you guys to think differently of me...," he rubbed the back of his neck as the warning bell rang.

"Well I'm going to class. We'll discuss this later," Aether waved. Kazuha nodded, and walked out with Aether.

"Okay, Xiao let me see your class agenda," he looked at him.

"Oh, easy. All of my classes are with you, it only took an autograph," he shrugged.

"Xiao...uh...whatever let's go," he lead Xiao to their first class begrudgingly.

Who knew that a world famous actor would be so clingy? Especially to him. It was confusing. Would this be his life now? Just Xiao clinging to him. And would it be mean to hope to god that wouldn't happen?

Venti sighed, sitting down. He really hoped that Xiao wasn't going to end up being this clingy. Maybe it was because he missed him, it had been forever since they last saw each other.

Xiao was a surprisingly good student. Venti was surprised, but tried to keep it to himself.

The day passed like this. Xiao became progressively less clingy. Except for at lunch. He seemed scared of all the people. To be fair, be would be too. Everyone kept coming up to Xiao for autographs and to gush over him.

Xiao would typically respond with "okay" or "cool" and dismiss them. It was odd how someone so famous could be so Anti-social. It made Venti giggle.

Venti grabbed his lunch from the lunch line and took Xiao to his usual table with his friends. They gushed over the concert they were going to. Well, Venti and Aether did. Kazuha was excited about it, but more reserved.

Xiao didn't really know what to say, so he ate his sushi and observed the conversation. He loved seeing Venti happy. It gave him a weird feeling. It reminded him of when they were kids and he had made Venti smile after Venti was crying. Xiao smiled softly, admiring Venti.

"Woah, look Xiao's smiling!," Aether pointed out.

The group looked at him and Xiao snapped out of it, blushing. "I apologize, I was thinking," Xiao apologized.

"No need, it's nice," Venti caressed his arm.
Maybe he could get used to having Xiao around.