1

"How did my life ever come to this?!" I asked myself as I ran for my life down the next elegantly designed hallway of the castle. Air escaped my lungs as my legs screamed for me to stop. From the malnourishment and the grueling castle work, my whole body screamed for me to stop. Manic laughter echoed along with the sounds of a swarm from somewhere behind me. I could not stop. The moment I did, I would be at the mercy of Bela. Needless to say, she was not the cruelest but there was no arguing with her hunger. I tripped over air and toppled onto the ground with a loud 'oof'. My heart raced through my chest as I saw a swarm take over my eyes. Bela, in her black robes and bloodstained lips, chuckled as she formed over top of me. Hunger took over her eyes. Her hand laid on top of her sickle. This was how I die? Not to the hands of Umbrella but to her!?

"Well, well, you really are fun to chase around!" She hissed in delight.

"Bela, please don't do this," I begged.

"Why not? Your blood smells too tantalizing to pass up!" The sickle was released from its holster and held high above her head. "It will be so much more fun to cut into you and taste it!" She swung down and my eyes squeezed shut. I waited what felt like an eternity, but nothing ever connected to my skin. My eyes cracked open, and Bela stood frozen on top of me. A strong, pale gloved hand gripped the edge of the sickle and blood trailed down from it. It dripped onto the carpet. Bela was shellshocked.

"Bela, how many times do I have to tell you girls, that you can only hunt the slave maidens in this castle. The one that was given to me by Mother Miranda remains untouched for the time being!" Lady Dimitrescu released the blade. Bela put it away with lightning speed and stepped off of me. "Honestly, the girl has only been here a week! She could not have anything too stupid yet. She was even help to the servant for Beneviento! I would like to keep at least one competent girl intact." Bela's intense glare casted down at me. I gulped as I remained perfectly still. The last thing I needed was the daughters on my ass. Bela huffed as she swirled away in her cannibal swarm of flies. A tired sigh fell from Lady Dimitrescu's lips. "I'm sorry for my daughters. I really should teach them better manners with the staff."

"I-It's f-fine, my lady," I stuttered as I got onto shaky legs. My eyes turned toward her bleeding hand. "May I?" I asked cautiously. My fingers pointed toward her hand.

"Oh, it'll heal on its own. Just needs a few more minutes."

"Yes, my lady." My heart swooned for the terrifying mistress in front of me. Her golden eyes stared down at me with no threat in her gaze. A small smile fell on her luscious red lips. My neck strained as I stared at the woman that was twice my height. Her white dress fell elegantly against her, and her matching hat was tilted to the side. "Th-thank you for saving me."

"Well, I feel responsible. They are my daughters after all." A slight smirk curled on her face. "Besides, your blood smells far too intoxicating for them to drink." Her hand slowly lifted to my chin and tilted my head up slightly. Her whole body crouched over me until her lips were only inches from my neck. My heart raced against my chest as I felt her hot breath against my neck. A dark chuckle came from her lips. "Your heart is racing. It makes the scent so much more intoxicating." After a moment, she pulled away. A frown fell on my lips as she moved past me.

"Get to work." She snapped.

The sounds of feet behind me caused my eyes to widen. Her soft voice turned harsh as her heels clicked against the floor. My heart fell silent as she left. This was not the first time she did this. She would have her nice moments and then they changed back to something harsher if people walked by, especially maidens. I grabbed timidly at my chest as I looked around. I was around the library. None of my chores were centered around this area. I took in a deep breath as I continued in the opposite direction she walked. Thoughts swirled through my head as I unconsciously made my way down the next corridor. A manic laugh shivered down my spine moments later. I turned into the library to avoid it. I leaned against the door with my hands on the edges of the doorframe. The manic laughter passed by moments later. That must have been Cassandra. She never liked going around in her swarm. She preferred walking from the little I have noticed.