Who Hurt You? Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"You can and will Deku!"

"F-fine... for Todoroki."

∘₊✧─── POV CHANGE ───✧₊∘

Numb. Todoroki felt so numb. The only feeling he had was tingles in his toes. Ever so slowly they spread up his legs, through his torso, and down his arms. He managed a twitch of his fingers, and tried to reach out to find an exit from the endless darkness that surrounded him. But not matter how much energy he forced into moving, a twitch or two of his fingers was his only victory.

It seemed his energy was depleting fast, but he wanted to get out of this darkness. Where was he? Where was his father? Where was Bakugou? And Deku, he was there too right? He couldn't remember, he needed to know. All of these thoughts rushed through his head and seconds later he thought his chest was going to explode from the tightness it was experiencing. He willed himself to calm down but nothing worked.

From feeling nothing to feeling everything, burning in every fibre of his body, Todoroki wanted to wake up. He didn't want to be in the dark anymore. He believed he heard noise from a million miles away, slight muffles and shuffling. He wanted to call out to it and get help but his voice had disappeared. What was going on?

His panic increased with each passing moment, and it wasn't until a hand was placed atop of his alongside a comforting squeeze did he feel a sense of safety. Wherever he was, he wasn't alone. That was what Shoto feared the most sometimes: being all alone in this scary world. Alone with his thoughts, his father-

"It's okay Shoto, you're gonna be fine."

Hello? Who said that? Todoroki wanted to know but it felt as if those words were a hypnotic spell, as he was falling backwards into oblivion once more...

This happened a total of three times before there was a change. Each time he thought he was dying until a voice brought him back to life. Each time the voice was different: sometimes loud, sometimes gravelly, sometimes soft. He wanted to know who they were but his mind wouldn't let him go yet. He tried to remember what his mind wanted him to forget, and why his body needed so much rest.

Then, one day, when his subconscious surfaced once more, everything felt different. He felt light yet heavy at the same time; his head was clearer than ever. He felt hidden life within him so tried with all his might to wake up. With excruciating slowness a slither of light met his eyes and despite it hurting he forced them open more.

What greeted him was a hospital room. White walls, white door, white bed. A window to the left and chairs either side. A small tray stood in the corner next to a plant and there was a bedside to his right. The room was light enough but he wanted to leave, it felt suffocating to him. He took several breaths in and out and was glad he had no oxygen mask on his face that would end up irritating his scar.

It took about ten minutes until he could raise a hand, just managing to hit the call button a few inches away on his bed. The ringing noise made his head hurt but he pushed through. He expected a nurse to come in calmly and explain everything that was going on, not to be shocked by the door bursting open and two males running through.

"Todoroki!"

"Icyhot!"

"Hello..."

"You're awake! I'm so glad!"

"Be quiet nerd, you're being too loud." Bakugou scolded.

"And you're... being too quiet." Todoroki managed to get out, and Deku had to a stifle a laugh from Katsuki's glare.

"Missed you too." the blond retorted, but both boys sat on the chairs beside the bed.

"How... long was I... out?"

"About two weeks? The doctors were worried you were in a deep coma but then you kept trying to wake up so they didn't get any machines." Deku explained.

"Two... why?"

"Icyhot, you don't remember why you're here?" Bakugou asked with wary eyes.

"Uh, I don't... my father? I visited him..."

"Yeah, and you came back to the dorm and then passed out but Kaachan caught you and then we called Aizawa and-"

"Deku!"

"Sorry. We visit every day, you know? And we've avoided all questions from the class. And sometimes Kaachan helps you when you were- as the nurse said- having a panic. You were sort of awake but your body was too tired."

"Sometimes I heard... a voice. You?" he asked Bakugou who nodded with pride.

"Yeah, so you're welcome Icyhot. You owe me one."

"Or many... thankyou. Both... of you. Bakugou... you called... me Shoto."

"I- I did not!"

"If you say so."

"Hey Todoroki?"

"Yes Midoriya?"

"Why did you lie about where you were going?" Deku asked with a sad frown. "We could have done something about your dad if you had said you were going to see him. He could be in jail or-"

"Threats... against you... all."

"We could handle it." Bakugou insisted.

"No... he was mad... at you both especially."

"Why?!"

"The sports... festival. I didn't use... my flames for... him. But... I did... with you."

"I'm so sorry Todoroki. If I had known what he would do I wouldn't have said anything."

"It's not your fault." Todoroki insisted before taking a long sigh.

"Tired?" Bakugou asked.

"No. Cold."

"Cold? But you're quirk is hot too right?" Deku asked.

At the mention of heat he had a flashback to his father's flames, and images of what happened at that weekend appeared in his mind. His eyes grew scared and distant, and Bakugou gave a growl to the damn nerd before getting on the bed beside Shoto and calming him down, hoping his body heat was enough to provide some warmth.

"Hey, you're okay Icyhot. You're safe here. Come on, come back."

It took a few minutes before Todoroki looked at Bakugou, his eyes now back in the present. He let out a long shaky breath before nodding his head a little, and then leaning his head on the blond's shoulder. Katsuki was a little stunned but adjusted himself to make Shoto more comfortable.

"I'm going to go get the nurse. Be right back." Deku assured before rushing out of the room, a happy expression on his face.

"I'm sorry... for the trouble."

"You shouldn't apologise for what your father did to you. Got it?"

Todoroki hummed in agreement before allowing his eyes to fall shut, not being afraid of the dark anymore as he knew he would always be pulled out...