Who Hurt You? Pt.2

Start from the beginning

"He needs surgery."

Aizawa left the room to join the two anxious students sitting in the corridor. Uncomfortable at the stressed expressions on their faces, he didn't want to ask them what had happened to Todoroki, but the doctors needed answers. He did too.

"Bakugou, you seem to know something about this. Where did Todoroki go?"

At first Bakugou was tempted to refuse the question. He knew Todoroki wouldn't be able to trust or face any of them again if the whole class- or worse, the whole school- found out about his father. Heck, even he wasn't supposed to know he only overheard the conversation between Deku and Shoto. But he knew even then that Icyhot was holding something back. He knew that to help Shoto escape from his abusive father he had to tell the truth.

"His father beats him, under the pretence of training. He has since his quirk manifested when he was a kid."

"Then how-"

"Did he hide it? He's an excellent actor." Bakugou said but the compliment was laced with regret.

"What surgery will he need?" Deku asked in a shaky voice.

"He has some issues with his ribs that need to be re-aligned and he needs work on his ankle too. He won't be able to leave the hospital for at least two weeks and then he won't be able to participate in training for a month."

"He isn't going to like that."

"He won't have a choice. Besides, we first need to look into the abuse allegations."

"We aren't lying!" Bakugou shouted, how could they think that?!

"I believe you." assured Aizawa. "Nobody is a particularly great fan of Endeavour and we knew he had family troubles with his wife."

"When is he going into surgery?"

"Now."

"Now?!"

"It can't wait, his life is on the line..."

There was a sombre air between the three as they worried over their classmate, friend and student. Just how bad were his wounds? How far did Endeavour go? Would the surgery have any after-effects?

"What's the chance of survival?" Bakugou asked with a dull tone.

"... Thirty percent."

Deku let out a choked sob and cried to himself, Aizawa rubbing his back a little before having to return to Mic and Recovery Girl to fill out some forms on Todoroki's behalf. He considered asking Mic if they could- no, he would ask Shoto first. After all, he was still in Endeavour's custody. He stored the idea in the back of his mind as he entered the small office at the end of the hall, but not before turning back around and telling his students to go back to the dorms and get some rest.

Bakugou and Deku were reluctant to leave, yet they also didn't know how long the surgery would take. The image of Shoto's almost black ribs appeared in Bakugou's mind and he wanted to throw up. How could someone do that to their own child? Deku was also just as worried for his friend; wishing that when Todoroki had revealed some of his past he had told Aizawa. He let this go on for months longer than it had to. He couldn't prevent the years of abuse in Todoroki's childhood- or lack of- but he could have prevented this.

"We don't say anything to anyone in the class, got it?!" Bakugou demanded.

"Yeah, Todoroki wouldn't want anyone worrying. But what do we say instead?"

"Nothing, we avoid the questions. Don't crack under pressure. And if the brainwash guy corners you, blast him across the room."

"Kaachan I can't do that!"