Assassin's Bride Chp32

Start from the beginning

"I agree with you." Saya raised her eyebrows at Faith in amusement.

"I bet you are searching for the couple of the night, they are with the guest. Come, let me escort you to them." Mia apprised the girls then looked at Rory who gave a nod, unsheathe his hand from around his wife's waist to allow her walk away with the girls.

Faith's heart began to hammer it's way out of her bosom for a peculiar reason, it rebuffed to calm down when she implored it. She could not comprehend why her feelings escalated to a dangerous level. The man that tormented her dreams was not present here, then why on earth her senses went wild? With a frown she raised her head, what came in her line of vision provided her the answer of her naive questions.

Goose-flesh rose on Faith's form, her body went numb and tears threatened to escape her eyes, she gasped and clutched on Saya's hand. "What is the matter?" the friend inquired when Faith turned her back to them.

"Oh dear!" she heard Mia exhale, "Faith I am so sorry, believe me we did not have the knowledge. We were informed he was out of country." Mia came to stand in front of her.

"Who is that woman with him?" Saya hissed eyes fixed on Cloud.

Faith's lip wobbled, "That's Cherise." she whispered when the soft melody in the hall ended.

Saya licked her lip in exasperation. "Do not worry I am with you. We will just meet the couple and leave." She promised still not facing Faith.

Faith looked at Mia and saw the tortured look in her eyes and knew they were unaware of this situation as well. She knew a man like Cloud felt contented when it came to deceiving people and acting on the last moment. She counted till ten, then slowly rotated around and disregarded her heart that bleed inside her.

With the steps she took a drastic wave of anxiety coated her. It worsened when she witnessed that Cloud had his hand around Cherise's waist just like the way he once held her. He wore a tuxedo that resembled the one he had on, on his engagement. Her ears shrilled at their bodies that touched, a lone warm tear rolled down her cheek. Instantly, Faith wiped the tear and urged an impassive expression on her face.

"Look who do we have here!" Mia announced to get their attention.

She felt eyes on her, eyes that kindled every grain of her skin, eyes that twisted the knots of her heart. Faith engulfed Alina then wrapped her hands around Tybalt's giant form and greeted them with a dazzling smile. She then turned to the woman who stood on her place, Cherise. Faith could have sworn there was a triumphant look in Cherise's eyes which vanished after a second, she shook the woman's cold hand then permitted her eyes to clash with Cloud's gaze. She knew she had to shake his hand but could not, Faith did not posses the audacity. Her world slowed down and breath caught in throat, she stretched her hand but Saya beat her to it and shook Cloud's hand instead.

Faith looked at Alina who looked beautiful in her cream dress, her eyes on the other hand seemed distressed. The oath she took was broken, however Faith knew Alina could not be blamed for Cloud's enigmatic actions. "Thank you so much for coming."

"I am glad I did. It's not everyday that Tybalt does not appear terrifying." Faith attempted to joke which caused Tybalt to throw his head back and guffaw.

"I agree with you." Tybalt beamed at her.

"You look breath taking, Faith." Alina grinned at her.

"How can I when you are the star of the night?" Faith smiled but the potent gaze she felt on her caused the hair on the back of her neck stand. It took herculean effort to disregard that gaze. Their gazes clashed for a second and in that second she did not locate remorse, despair that she felt. How can he when he had that woman next to him!?