'Chapter Six

°Author's POV 

×

Kai woke up from his deep sleep with a smile curled up on his face. He turned to look at the side where the window was and saw the bright weather.

He sat up on the bed, stretching out his arms. Still with a smile plastered on his face.

For the first times after forever, he had the feelings of being happy to wake up everyday. He never thought to feel the same way after his mother passed away.

Kai jumped out of his bed and by that time, the maids were already entering his room. They were shock to be seeing the unusual sight.

"Your Highness, you woke up early today," one of them said, looking surprised.

She got a nudge from her other friend to remind him not to be rude.

Kai nodded. "I...feel like waking up early today," he replied. "Can you prepare the shower for me now?," he demanded.

The maid nodded right away and scurried to get everything prepared for the Prince.

After a few minutes, "It is ready for you, Prince Kai," she mentioned and bowed.

Kai thanked her with his usual smile and right away entered the bathroom to prepare himself.

As he was done showering, he walked out to see his clothes prepared like usual. He quickly got dressed and made sure to look neat.

Usually he was not even bothered to look good but right now, he took extra times to look at his reflection on the mirror.

After feeling satisfied with everything, he looked out of door to make sure no one was around the corridor at that time.

There were only few maids doing their jobs as usual and few guards along the corridor.

Okay.

He stepped quickly along the hallway to the place he always went these past few weeks.

He needed to be quick before any of the guards or worse, his brother would see him trying to sneak out of the castle.

Chanyeol would surely gave him an earful if he knew this.

He jumped off the gate and scattered away from there as soon as possible but still making sure no one had seen him.

This had become a daily routine for him every week. Every weekends , he would sneak out from the castle to meet up with Sehun.

The crowds' sounds reached his ears as he stopped running. He stopped for a while to catch on his breath.

He looked around and tidied his attire before making his way to the place he promised Sehun to meet up.

"Hi, Sehun."

Kai greeted as he stood in front of Sehun who was obviously waiting for him. He flashed him a smile.

Sehun's face lit up as soon as he saw Kai. "Hi, Jongin," he greeted him back.

"Why do you look tired?," he questioned when he saw the latter, still catching on his heavy breath.

Kai rubbed the back of his neck to hide his awkwardness. "I ran here," he chuckled. "I don't want to make you wait longer for me."

Sehun sheepishly snorted as he heard that. He felt...thankful for that?

"Let's go, my friends are waiting," he said to cut off the topic. He then started to walk away, leaving Kai behind.