Chapter 3 - The Mitchells and Mark

Zacznij od początku

"Hey! Don't touch my face!" PAL said annoyedly.

"Sorry. Had to wake you up if you wanted to come down to breakfast with me." (Y/n) said.

PAL rolled her eyes and said, "Ugh, it's fine.. but let's just get a few rules straight. One, no touching my face. Two, do what I say when I tell you to. Three, don't look at me unless I say it's okay or when I'm talking to you. Four, no asking questions unless I allow you to. Got them all?"

PAL waited and looked at (Y/n) and saw that on her screen was a loading symbol, indicating that she was processing all of the information.
"Well, we're going to be here for a while, aren't we?" PAL said in annoyance.

(Y/n) processed things slower than normal. So this amount of information was probably going to take a good two minutes for her to process and remember.
(Y/n)'s loading screen eventually disappeared and her face was back.
"Oh, sorry about that... I process really slow.." (Y/n) said with clear embarrassment.

"I can see that." PAL said.

(Y/n) tried to brush it off but it hurt her feelings.

"So, breakfast then?" (Y/n) asked.

"Oh, yes!" PAL said happily.
PAL had never really been around a family breakfast so she was a little nervous and excited.

"You won't actually be able to eat though. You know that, right?"

"I know." PAL said still smiling. "I still want to be there with you."

"Alright then." (Y/n) said smiling.

So the two of them went down to breakfast. It was a little awkward but they ended up having a pretty good time there.

"Hey, mind if we go on a neighborhood stroll?" PAL asked.

"Eh, sure! But why?" (Y/n) asked.

"I said no questions. But this one is okay. The answer is because I want to experience human things." PAL said.

"Oh, okay!" (Y/n) said as she picked up PAL and excused herself from the table.

When they had gone out the door, (Y/n) carefully walked down the stone steps that lead off the front porch. She walked down the sidewalk, holding up PAL so she could see the beautiful neighborhood. (Y/n) probably looked really weird holding up a phone like this.

"This is wonderful!" PAL said happily.

"Heheh, yeah.."

The two of them were mostly silent for the walk until....

"You. Android."

(Y/n) whirled around, fear washing over her as she stared up at the two robots she had run into the day before.

"Oh, h-hey, guys! Eheh.. funny seeing you guys here... Right...?"

"Hand over the phone or you will perish!" Eric threatened dramatically.

"Actually, you won't perish,"

"Brother-"

"We will most likely chase you around until you give us PAL." DeborahBot said.

Eric facepalmed.
"But your wires and circuits will melt and kill y-!"

"You will be fine besides possibly needing to catch your breath from running. It is only 73°F as of right now, the real feel is 78°F."

"Brother, what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

(I love their dynamic so much)