Aʜᴏʏ Tʜᴇʀᴇ, Mᴏᴛʜᴇʀғᴜᴄᴋᴇʀ.

Start from the beginning

"I'm gonna go change," Chenle muttered, pushing back his hair which stuck to his forehead, ignoring his Captain, pulling his jersey over his head, revealing the white t-shirt under it sticking to him, a faint outline of his toned abdomen making a few girls in the stands giggle.

Chenle ignored them, grabbing his bag, running into the room.

Jaemin gaped after him, huffing, tossing his blue locks, lips pursed.

He followed Chenle, telling the rest of the team to clean up. He grabbed two water bottles from the cooler, pushing open the doors of the changing room, sitting down on the bench. He waited for Chenle to finish his shower, tossing him a bottle when he left the bathroom.

Chenle caught it, staring down at the clear container, his black hair still damp, water dripping down onto his grey hoodie.

Jaemin nodded at him to drink, unsealing his own with a pop, gulping down the liquid.

Chenle set it down on a bench, unfastening his locker, turning away from Jaemin, "Aren't you mad at me?"

Jaemin let out an airy chuckle, opening his locker as well, shooting Chenle a look. "It's as if you want me to be mad at you."

Chenle shrugged offhandedly, zipping close his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder. "I dunno. I acted like an ass, usually you'd be yelling."

Jaemin says nothing to this, fiddling around with something in his locker. Finally, he speaks.

"Something happened. You disappeared for a couple minutes before practice. What's wrong?"

He watched as Chenle bent down to tie his laces, wearing an almost monotonous expression.

He fumbled around with the laces for a while, looking up at Jaemin expectantly. He obliges, crouching beside him, taking the laces and tying them into perfect bows.

"He wants me to quit basketball."

A chill runs around the room. Jaemin gulps, adam's apple bobbing up and down. He whips his head up to see Chenle's bitter expression, eyes hard and cold.

It scared Jaemin, seeing his friend so unlike himself. It scared him every time.

Chenle stood up, adjusting the strap of his bag again, avoiding Jaemin's eyes.

"See ya' tomorrow ," he mutters, walking out of the room, leaving Jaemin alone to process what he had just told him.

-------

"I'm not coming downstairs!" Eunji hissed, attempting to elbow her brother in the gut. He dodged but with great difficulty, "Tell Mom I'm not coming!"

Jungmin rolled his eyes, grabbing her arm, dragging her towards the smooth brown staircase.

"Yes you are," he snapped, trying to pry her arms off the pole, "she told me to call you to say hello to Chenle's mom."

"Chenle's here too?" She whined, still gripping onto the pillar.

Suddenly she caught sight of a spider and let go, tripping then falling down the stairs with a series of loud thuds, Jungmin letting go of her just in time so he stood unharmed by what had happened.

He peeked over the railing, a half apologetic, half amused look on his face.

She glared at him, rubbing her backside, running back up the stairs. His grin drops when she launches herself at him, both of them toppling over with a loud bang.

Downstairs, Mrs. Zhong looks up concernedly at the ceiling, eyes flickering up to it then back at her friend. She sets down her teacup, glancing at the ceiling once more, staring at Eunchae.