is

"ahh, what took you so long?"

"dealing with my exploded heart," y/n grinned sheepishly as she placed the bottle of alcohol in the middle. no one seemed to really register it, but todoroki took her words differently.

her heart would simply explode if she heard that!

dealing with my exploded heart.

she heard me? he thought to himself as he watched y/n look around the circle curiously.

her previous seat was taken—denki was now beside jirou—and she couldn't bring herself to interrupt whatever possible time denki had with his crush. everyone else was unfamiliar with her, and the circle seemed really packed except for the space beside todoroki.

it almost looked intentional.

everyone was grinning. at first, she'd thought it was because they were drunk, but there was a glint of mischief behind their eyes as they beckoned for her to sit down. todoroki was staring hard at the ground, unblinking, face dusted red. she couldn't tell if it was from the alcohol.

denki winked at her and she glared at him.

nevertheless, she settled in next to todoroki, and carried on with the game. "to graduation!" someone toasted and she raised her glass too. for the next few hours, all they did was consume alcohol, chips, more alcohol, and more chips.

denki was enjoying himself too much, so this time y/n made sure she didn't get drunk so she could drive him home.

a horrible decision, really.

todoroki was drunk off a bottle of soju, and his head began spinning. "todoroki?" y/n asked, poking his shoulder. "are you alright?"

he nodded, only half-conscious. he wasn't the type to vomit everything out, he was more of the type to fall asleep and wake up with a headache the next morning. "...couch..." he muttered inaudibly, his head drooping to the side.

"huh?" y/n said, letting out a soft gasp of surprise when his head fell onto her shoulder. she took a look around—everyone else was drunk and laughing. no one seemed to notice todoroki. she took a peek at him.

drool hung from his slightly-open mouth and his eyes were glued shut. his face was tinted red, from all the alcohol, and light snores could be heard. she blinked again, surprised, and tapped him lightly.

"todoroki?" she whispered, but received nothing but snoring in reply. she stifled a giggle and looked back to the crowd, now red in the face and too scared to move.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"oh, you're awake."

todoroki's eyes flew open. the first thing that came into sight was y/n's smiling face, so he thought to himself, this must be a dream. but, when she reached out to poke him, he jumped up, realisation hitting him, and straightened his back, schooling his features.

"they're watching a movie on the big couch," y/n said, giggling at how flustered he looked. "there's still space for us. do you wanna join?"

"...you didn't go?" he asked, and she shook her head. "i didn't want to disturb your sleep."

he found himself smiling a little, no longer feeling the need to escape the awkward situation. "let's go watch the movie, come on," she said, holding her hand out for him to take. he took it, hauling himself up, and they made their way over.

when they settled onto the couch at the back, he still felt like dozing off. tapping her shoulder, he asked, "do you mind if i sleep?"

and as though she remembered something embarrassing, her face reddened as she shook her head, "it's fine." so he lay his head on her shoulder again and her smile became wobbly, heart thrumming in her chest so fast she thought it was going to force its way out of her mouth. his hair tickled her cheek and the weight on her shoulder felt rather comfortable, and soon she found herself enjoying it.

that was, until his head fell onto her lap. she jumped in surprise, eyes widening. he still seemed deep in sleep, so instead of pushing him off she adjusted herself so he'd feel comfortable. unknowingly, her hand reached out to stroke his hair, playing at the strands which fell over his face.

"you're in love," a voice whispered and she jumped, whipping her head around. "denki!" she whisper-yelled, and he grinned cheekily at her. y/n tried to hit him, but he was out of reach. "you love him, you love him—"

"hm?" todoroki awoke from the ruckus, turning his head to look up at y/n. she hurriedly removed her hands from his hair, and left them frozen in mid-air, stammering, "i-it's-"

denki sighed, running a hand through his hair. "she adores you," he told todoroki, making y/n go extremely red in the face.