we

"thank goodness you forgave me—!" y/n said, stretching once before letting her head fall to the desk with a light thump

"thank goodness you forgave me—!" y/n said, stretching once before letting her head fall to the desk with a light thump. "i was really panicking!"

it was the next day and the two were in the additional psychology class again. this time, they were sitting beside each other like usual as they waited for the professor to arrive. she was swinging her legs under the table in an attempt to get comfortable and staring out of the window while todoroki was staring at...her?

"who said i forgave you?" he asked, and she shifted her gaze to him, shell-shocked.

"you didn't? you don't?" she asked, lifting her head off the table.

"not really."

"whaaaaat?" she gasped, cupping her face anxiously. "b-but i'm g—" she protested, hands waving around as she tried to explain herself. simply put, she was freaking out. she puffed her cheeks out like she was thinking really hard and her feet stopped swinging and were rubbing against each other in a fidgety sort of manner.

he let out a half-suppressed laugh, he was smiling. just a little bit. "well, you owe me a meal."

she opened her mouth, then closed it. she glared, "you made me panic for no reason."

he opened his mouth to answer, but at that moment the professor entered. "sorry i'm late!" he announced and they stood up to greet him. the lesson started, and y/n was paying attention but todoroki had already zoned out.

he was staring at her. he didn't know what he was particularly staring at—her cute nose, or the tiny specks of colour in her eyes, or perhaps the way she'd look down every so often to write something down in her notebook and the hair would fall over her face; maybe it was the way she puffed up her cheeks when there was something she didn't understand, or the simple movements of her hands.

he didn't know. all he knew is that he would prefer not to take his eyes off of her and it would require tremendous effort to tear them away if he needed to.

"what? what are you staring at?"

he snapped out of his reverie. y/n was waving her pen in front of his face, a silly smile on her face. "if you want food, i'll treat you later. prof is asking you a question."

"oh," he said, blinking and turning back to answer the professor's question.

when the professor turned his back to them, y/n nudged todoroki and shifted her notebook a little towards him. on the left page, at the corner, she wrote, do you want to get food later?

he looked up to make sure the professor wasn't looking, then leaned towards her to write his response. im not that hungry.

aw, ok!

and the next hour was spent with both of them drawing at the corner of her notebook and laughing at how he couldn't draw smiley faces without them looking evil.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"denki!" y/n waved to him, "wanna go for lunch?"

he put away his earphones, looking up. "sure," he said as she fell into step beside him. "where?" she asked.

"well, i heard jirou is eating at the restaurant nearby..."

"oh," y/n grinned mischievously. "so you want to go there."

"yeah... i guess," he said, rubbing his neck. he did want to go, and was awfully bad at hiding it.

"are you sure you want to go? what are you even going to do when you see her?"

"flirt?"

"pfft—"

"hey, my flirting skills are good, okay?" he said, half-laughing. "like, i can touch your hair and say 'wow, your hair is really soft' and you'd be all red in the face. or i can lean in like this," he leaned in, "and whisper you're the prettiest here and you'll be in love with me."

a laugh bubbled up from inside her stomach. "are you sure i'd fall for you?" she asked, pinching his cheeks. he smiled against the touch of her hands and let his cheeks get pulled. "good luck with your flirting, i'm prepared to third-wheel today!"

"l/n."

a voice interrupted, making denki look up and y/n turn around. "todoroki?" she asked. "what are you doing here?"

"nothing much, really."

"well... okay," she said, "are you in a bad mood or something?" she said, pointing to his slightly downturned mouth.

"yes. i think i'm hungry," he said. "l/n, you owe me a meal."

denki's head rotated between the two. "what happened? y/n, what's going on? you owe pretty boy a meal?"

"i owe pretty boy a meal," she laughed, "because i vomited on his shoes."

denki cringed. "you should never put those two in the same sentence. i just lost my appetite."

"l/n," todoroki said. "can we get going?" his fingers closed around her wrist, and he gave it the gentlest pull.

"sure... by the way, i thought you weren't hungry." she said to todoroki as she waved to denki. "sorry!" she called, "good luck!"

"i'm not," he said, pulling her along. she looked bewildered, "then?"

"i wanted someone to eat with."

"oh, i see," she said, smiling. "i can be that person for you."

i hope so. "thank you."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━
a/n: jealous roki aah