do,

"todoroki, can i have my hand back now?" his grip was gentle but y/n still felt the need to ask anyway

"oh, sorry," he said, letting go. he was aware he didn't want to see y/n pinching denki's cheeks any longer and that was why he dragged her with him, but with the tense atmosphere he felt maybe he should've left her there.

"so... where do you want to eat? you said you'd choose somewhere expensive." y/n asked in an attempt to lighten the mood. she fiddled with the hem of her shirt as she waited for his answer.

"right, i did." he nodded like he just remembered. "actually, can we eat at a fast food restaurant instead?"

her jaw dropped in shock. "no way! that isn't expensive at all, and it's nothing compared to the price of your shoes!"

"then you can just owe me another meal."

"but i don't want to keep being indebted to you..." she muttered quietly.

"that's true. you don't have to be, then. a burger is good enough for me."

"are you sure?" she asked brightly, quickening her footsteps to match his pace.

"yes," he said, making eye contact with her. "a burger with you... it's worth more than the amount you owe me."

she grinned, punching his shoulder lightly. "i'm pretty sure it doesn't, but that's fine with me! i'll forget all the guilty feelings after this meal, okay?"

"okay."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"yeah, and i kind of dropped the popcorn onto the floor... hey, why are you smiling?" y/n asked, looking offended. "at the embarrassing part of my story, too! are you mocking me?" she joked and he shook his head, looking down.

the smile remained on his face and she eyed him weirdly, but shrugged it off. "oh, so anyway, that happened. but it still became my favourite movie." she grinned.

he had asked her about her favourite movie, and she was slightly confused that he'd smile so wide at the fact that she dropped her popcorn. was it that funny?

it wasn't that todoroki found her story extremely funny.

he just found that the way that she talked about something she was passionate about... was interesting. he sat opposite her, eating his burger while she told him about her favourite movie, something she insisted she didn't like too much but from the way she talked about it, he knew she adored it.

he had acted like he was listening, and he was, but he also couldn't resist letting his mind wander. he couldn't help but wonder if she'd ever talk about him like that, like she was so in love with it she doesn't even realise she was rambling. like she'd tell others about every incident relating to it.

and he could barely focus on the topic when he thought she looked cute talking about it.

he had smiled to himself, and she had jokingly yelled at him because she thought he was laughing at her embarrassing moment. as he watched her smile, he thought, any moment like this would be the start of any romance novel.

his eyes widened, he stared at the ground.

oh. oh no.

"your expressions are the funniest reactions i've gotten to this story," she laughed, gesturing to his shocked face. he looked back down, unable to control the small smile on his lips. "what? what are you smiling about again?" 

"nothing," he said rather softly.

so this is how it feels at the start of a romance novel... i see.

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━
a/n i looooove the idea of todoroki
falling in love first! ( instead of yn! )
so i made it happen :)