We were never meant to be

"I loved you so much," she shouted at me, her voice shaking with both sadness and anger, her tears pouring down her sore red cheeks as she stared up at me.

"Don't be so pathetic," I said back, the dreadful smile forming on my face as I watched her eyes sink, the wind blowing her hair to the side of her face, showing the streaming path of tears that made its way down her neck.

"I love you," she whispered, her eyes going to the grass beneath us, and then back up to me.

"I never loved you, and I never will," I whispered in her ear, the tip of my blade pointing to her chest, twisting it ever so slightly until she let out a short breath of air.

"You will die unloved, you will die knowing your love was wasted."

"Please," she pleaded, "don't say those words to me."

I smirked down at her, the dagger sinking deeper into her skin.

"You are alone, and always will be."

She didn't move when the blade plunged into her chest, her eyes briefly closing as I pulled the dagger back out, her warm blood covering the metal as I stared down at it.

I watched as her body slumped to the ground, the wind howling in my ears as her eyes closed for the final time, her last breath leaving her parted lips when she hit the cold grass.

I took a step back, wiping the blade against my pants, placing it back into the hold.

"Goodbye, my love."

I turned around, walking away from her body. The body of the girl I once loved, the girl who had completely taken over my mind, the girl I most hated in this world.

god it hurt so bad

But this is best, for the hero's and villains were never meant to be.

We were never meant to be...