"He was trying to make Niharika drink alcohol and forcing himself on her, we obviously fought with him and Nikunj even beat him up to pulp. He's a boxer, he broke that guy's nose. But Niharika was really scared. She didn't show it. She acted like normal the next day but I knew"

I knew she was not okay. I knew she had flashbacks, she was my best friend after all. Both of us grew up together, I bet even jaanu di caught on, that something was wrong with her.

"She was hell bent on learning how to fight from that day, but I stopped her" I straightened my back before burying my face in my hands, not wanting to see Ketki's reaction yet.

When she did not say anything, I removed my hands and looked at her, to find her in the exact same position as before. She was probably surprised at how I told her everything without asking or maybe how I knew she wanted to know.

I would have told her, even if she didn't want to know. I had carried this in my heart for so long, and Ketki seemed there for me. She is here right now, sitting in front of me. She sneaked in the house because I was not picking up the phone, because I was angry. This tugged my heart.

I knew I could trust her.

"But why did you stop her?" she asked in a meek voice.

"Every girl has a right to live a normal life. No girl needs to learn self-defence just because males could not control themselves"

***

"Ahaan, open the door" Jannu di called from outside and knocked on the door.

Ketki jolted up from the bed and panicked. I held her hands and asked her to hide behind the cupboard. The wall and cupboard had very little space, so Jannu di won't suspect a thing.

"COMING"

I held her hands and mouthed her the word 'relax'. Signing her to keep quiet, I opened the door to my room. As expected Jannu dii bombarded in with a big in her hand and a magazine.

"What took you so long?" she asked, sitting on the bed, dropping the bag on it.

"I was in the bathroom" I lied and regretted immediately. She could catch my lie easily. She narrowed her eyes at me and scanned my face.

"It didn't sound like you were in the bathroom when you answered me, what were you doing?"

"Jannu dii don't you trust me?" I tried to change the subject but she was my sister, elder sister.

"Ahaan, were you talking on your phone?" before I could reply she suddenly gasped and started speaking again. "Do you have a girlfriend?" she gasped again, louder this time "is she here?" She looked here and there, trying to find someone in the room.

I let out a laugh, which did seem forced but I had to, while my heart was beating loudly, hoping Ketki won't make a sound and get caught.

"Didi what are you saying? Me? Girlfriend? Not at all" I tried to joke but she did not seem pretty convinced.

"I am your elder sister, I can smell that something is going on and you are lying to me. If you do something which you are not supposed to do, I promise, I will break your legs and bury you alive" she looked so scary and serious saying that.

I remember a few years ago, on my eighteenth birthday, how she practically gave me the negative list. A list that lists all the forbidden things including smoking, doing drugs and everything. This was the same thing she told me.

"Jannu dii, I am not doing something wrong!" I crossed my arms on my chest, trying to look annoyed and convince her. She looked for a second before relaxing.