Chapter 8, It's Getting Worse

Bendy's Perspective

As I waited for Cuphead to come back, the heat in my body got worse and I started to melt. My body was in searing pain that made my head ache, and I was getting more miserable by the second. I wanted to puke. Badly. I shakily sat up and groaned, holding my swirling stomach that was trying to make me puke. I gagged and gagged as a burning feeling went up my throat. I puked up ink on to the bed and got dizzier, slowly laying back down and shaking. I coughed up more ink as I began losing consciousness and felt a comforting hand hold mine. I looked over through my one not covered eye and saw Cup comforting me. I whimpered and closed my eyes, letting the pain overwhelm me and cause me to faint.

Cuphead's Perspective

I watched as the gloopy deformed ink demon lost consciousness, and I carefully cleaned up his mess. Poor guy, I bet it hurts to melt like that. A person knocked on the door and I opened it to see the doctor which was a flamingo. I flamingo- I did not expect that. "Come in, he's having trouble with his ink illness or whatever." I said and invited him in. He examined Bendy's melty body and then asked me questions. "Yeah, he had a fever and was real dizzy before he even started melting." I told him and gently rubbed Bendy's clawed, oozing hand. "I see... Well, from the limited knowledge I have on this said ink illness, the best I can do is to give him an antibiotic that would minimize his internal pain... Or I could seek out someone who is more experienced with an ink illness." He said while still looking at the melty demon. "Ahh.. We have to keep moving, so it would be better if we just got that medication." I replied while also looking at Bendy worriedly. "I could bring the medicine here for you if that is easier for this poor creature." The pink feathery doctor offered, to which I agreed immediately. "For now, try to keep him hydrated and if he can, feed him something." The doctor instructed me and I rubbed Bendy's soft deformed hand. "Yes of course." I replied and watched as he left. I suppose he'll charge for the medication when he gets back.

Bendy's Perspective

I woke up with a terrible headache, and all of my body was sore and strange feeling. It was oddly relaxed, and I felt disconnected from my body. Boris was worriedly watching over me, while Cuphead was as far away from me as possible. What an asshole, he can't just swallow his pride for one second. I looked away from him to my own inky, melty form and shuddered. I look gross and weird, and I can't even feel my body. I tried to move, but my arm just turned slightly and melted more so that I couldn't feel it. It was as if I had no body anymore. I really want it to be like last night again.. Why is Cuphead being so cold? I stared at him and he tried to avoid my gaze, giving up after a few minutes. He got up and came over. "Hi Bends." He sighed and I whimpered. "Ugh.. Fine." He said and gently hugged me. I purred and weakly kneaded the mattess under me, enjoying the affection. "Can't speak huh?" He asked and I shook my head slightly. "Hm." He hummed in reply and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Wanna sit up?" He asked and I nodded. He set the pillows up so I could sit up with support from them, then laying me on them. I slowly moved my melty, constantly dripping arms around him and hugged him back. I guess he isn't such an asshole, he just needs some pushing. I relaxed as he slowly rubbed my aching back, almost massaging it. I started to get sleepy because he was warming me up, and I laid my head back. My arms went limp as my eyes closed, and I comfortably slept with Cuphead holding me close.

I woke up later to see a strange flamingo doctor with a liquid medicine bottle in his feathery hand. Boris came over and offered it to me, letting me read it. "... It doesn't hurt right now." I told him and he gently kissed my forehead. Where did Cuphead go? "That's good." He said and smiled. "And I'm glad you can speak now.. Want some water?" He asked and held out the glass Cuphead had fetched for me. "Yes please, can you help me drink it?" I requested, parting my lips slightly. He happily obliged and helped me to drink the glass of cold water slowly, stopping when I coughed up ink. I eventually finished it and laid down, still looking for the blonde cup who had been holding me. He came in to the room next to the doctor with his wallet and drew out many crisp twenty dollar bills, counting them out as he handed them to the pink feathery friend. The doctor promptly left afterwards, and Cup put away his wallet. "Cuphead." I called out, causing him to turn to me and come to the side of the bed. "Where's Felix?" I asked, watching as his expression shifted to disappointment. "Oh... He's out getting more ink for his pen." He said rather solemnly, and I looked at him curiously. "Why so sad?" I asked and he looked away. "No reason." He said, trying to avoid the question. I held out my slightly gelatinous hand and he stared at it before holding it and smiling at me. "You tired because your boyfriend is dying~?" I joked, causing him to laugh. His laugh is pretty adorable. "Yeah, I won't get any dick because his is limp and melty." He joked back with a grin. I smiled and Boris happily hugged me. "I'm happy you're feeling better! I was really worried." He told me and I kept one hand with Cup's while I rubbed Boris's back.