After-Training Flight

"Ugh, what a day..." Crusher slumped down against the ground with a sigh.

"Yeah, I gotta admit... that was kinda tough," Blaze sighed.

"I'm ready for a little relaxation..." Crusher groaned.

"Hmm..." Blaze thought for a while before an idea dawned upon him. "I know! I'll be back, I just need to ask Roarian for something,"

"Oh, okay,"

Crusher nodded as he watched his brother zoom off. He went back to slumping and was just about to rest his eyes when he felt magic hit his back, causing him to yelp.

"Heeeey!! What was that?!"

"Crusher! Crusher!" the dark blue truck turned to see his brother zoom back to him, a pair of clear, red fairy wings on his back. "Check it out!"

"Blaze?" Crusher's jaw dropped. "How did you--?!"

"Roarian's Sunstone," Blaze replied with a beam. "You have them too!"

"I what?!"

Crusher turned, and indeed his brother was right-- although his wings were a darker blue, they were still the same shape and were as clear and sparkly as he didn't know what.

"Uh, Blaze, why EXACTLY do we have wings??"

"I asked Roarian to cast a spell over us so we'd have them for a few hours," Blaze answered. "Besides, with all the hard training we did, he said we deserve it. Come on! I'll teach you how to fly!"

"I... alright," Crusher sighed and nodded. "Could be fun,"

"Okay. You gotta make sure that you stay calm and focused, otherwise you'll be all over the place. Then, just think about what you want the wings to do," Blaze said. "As long as they do what you want, you shouldn't have a problem."

"Alright... wait," Crusher narrowed his eyes. "How do you know what to do? You've tried this before?"

"Let's just say... AJ and I have gained wings similar to this before," Blaze smiled. "Trust me."

"Okay," Crusher took a deep breath and slowly fluttered his wings, causing him to hover a little off the ground.

"That's it!" Blaze encouraged. "Just keep going."

Crusher proceeded to flap his wings, and slowly, he was as high as Blaze was.

"Hey, I'm doing it!" he cheered with a laugh. "Hey! This is fun!"

"Told ya," Blaze elbowed playfully. "Come on! There's something I want you to see!"

Grabbing his tire, he flew his brother all the way to the top of a huge mountain, where it was a spectacular view of the sunset. Crusher's eyes sparkled at the sight of it.

"Wow! This is amazing!"

"It really is."

The brothers continued to sit in silence for a moment before Crusher spoke. "Uh... Blaze? How did you and your parents adopt AJ?"

"Well... we adopted him when he was only 6," Blaze explained. "His mom and dad were killed in a car wreck, and there were no other members of his family to take him in."

"And... you love him like your own flesh and blood right?"

Blaze nodded, but his brother's unsettling gaze told him something was off.

"Why... do you ask?"

"Do you... love me the same way, or... is it different?"

"Crusher..." Blaze's eyes softened. "Of course I love you the same way. Have you been doubting?"

"Well... no one else besides Pickle and Grammy have ever loved me the way you and your family do. I was worried something might happen, like what happened with Zhan Tiri and... I'd lose the only family who ever actually cared..."

"Crusher..." Blaze sighed and offered his brother a smile. "What happened with Zhan Tiri was never your fault. Those who blame you don't know you well enough to see the truth,"

"Really...?"

"Really," Blaze nodded and wrapped a tire around him. "Those who DO care about you like me, our friends, our family... we KNOW you, and we know that you would never do anything that could hurt us unless something is up,"

"Yeah... that is true." Crusher chuckled.

"And I'm always gonna be here for you, cause... you're my brother." Blaze gave a smile.

Crusher felt his eyes begin to water as a smile stretched across his face. He returned the open hug tearfully.

"Thanks, brother. I... I needed that,"

"No problem."

Corruption Of The Moonstone (Aftermath One-shots)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें