The Dance/Caring for Maurice

I saw Belle clad in a golden ball gown from a distance. Mei was in a red kimono and she came to join me and Mrs. Potts.

"The Beast is so handsome!" Mei commented.

"I know, he's ready!" I nodded. "Belle looks beautiful in her gown."

"The wardrobe and I picked out her dress." Mei explained. "She looks very pretty."

I nodded as well. Belle and the Beast joined hands and they ate dinner together and they joined hands to go to the ballroom as we watched.

Tale as old as time.
True as it can be.
Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly.
Just a little change. Small to say the least.
Both a little scared, neither one prepared, beauty and the beast.

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme...Mrs. Potts sang.

Beauty and the Beast...I harmonized with Mrs. Potts as they danced and went to the terrace.

"Off to the cupboard with you now, Chip. It's past your bedtime." Mrs. Potts gently reminded her son. The latter yawned. "Goodnight, love.."

Chip went his way before looking at the sight of Belle and the Beast. I affectionately carried Mei as she fell asleep in my arms and I kissed her cheek.

I followed the couple to the West Wing and the Beast showed us a magic enchanted mirror, which is his only window to the outside world.

"This mirror will show you anything...anything you wish to see." The Beast explained to us.

Belle had the mirror now.

"I'd like to see my father...please." Belle said hesitantly.

The mirror flashed and it showed Maurice, lost in the woods, coughing, and he had fallen. It worried me, Belle and the Beast. Mei woke up to see Maurice and it worried her too.

"Maurice...!" I gasped worried.

"Oh, no!" Mei fretted.

"Papa...! Oh, no. He's sick, he may be dying. And he's all alone." Belle worried.

The Beast checked on the rose now, deep in thought.

"Then...you must go to him." He said.

"What did you say?" Belle asked.

"I release you. You're no longer my prisoners." The Beast told us.

"You mean...we're free?" Belle asked in amazement.

"Yes." The Beast nodded.

"Oh, thank you. Hang on, Papa...we're on our way." Belle said. She turned to the Beast to bring back the mirror to him.

"Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back, and remember me." The Beast said tenderly as he stroked Belle's hair.

"Thank you for understanding how much he needs me." Belle acknowledged.

And with that, we left the castle and we heard the Beast roar in agony and sadness as we rode with Philippe to search for Maurice.

We'll see each other again, mate. I thought sadly.