Gaston's "Wedding" Dreams

"I wonder when Mr. Maurice will be back from the fair..." Mei thought.

"I'm sure he'll be home soon." I reassured. My fingers raked through the white streak that went with my wild and wavy raven hair. I cuddled Mei on my lap and nuzzled her forehead.

Belle was reading her book when we heard a knock on the door.

"I wonder who it is." I pondered as Belle rose to see who it was. I followed her to see. Through the keyhole we saw that cocky smile and haughty eyes.

"No, not him..." I muttered annoyed as Belle groaned, visibly distressed as I was.

Gaston burst in the door, dressed up for some happy occasion.

"Gaston! What a pleasant surprise." Belle said surprised.

"Isn't it though? I'm just full of surprises...you know, Belle, there isn't a girl in town who would love to be in your shoes. This is the day..." Gaston announced. Then he looked in the mirror to regain what he was about to say to her. "This is the day your dreams come true!"

"And what do you know about my dreams, Gaston?" Belle asked.

"Plenty! Here...picture this; a rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting on the fire, and my little wife, massaging my feet while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs...oh, we'll have six or seven..." Gaston envisioned while sitting on the chair, he kicked his feet up and took off his muddy boots. We all held our noses for his feet smelled an awful stench.

"Dogs?" Belle asked.

"No, Belle...! Strapping boys like me!" Gaston chuckled proudly.

"Imagine that." Belle mused.

I would imagine little girls that look like Belle...I thought smiling mischievous. That would annoy the hell out of him.

"Do you know who my little wife will be?" Gaston asked as Belle put away her book.

"Let me think..." She guessed.

"You, Belle!" Gaston answered and he had Belle up against the wall. Now, that's no way to woo a pretty woman.

"Gaston, I'm...I'm speechless, I really don't know what to say." Belle stammered as she ducked. Gaston advanced towards her and had her up against the door.

"Say you'll marry me." He pressed.

"I'm very sorry, Gaston, but...I just don't deserve you." Belle reasoned.

Gaston leaned in for a kiss and suddenly with her quick thinking, Belle opened the door and Gaston tripped and fell into the mud outside. Belle and Maurice's pig was on top of him and I burst out laughing.

"See ya!" I laughed triumphantly.

Mei burst out laughing too.

"Bye-bye!" She giggled.

I peeked out the window and all the "wedding" guests including the brute were gone. That would teach him a lesson; that no means no.

"Is he gone?" Belle asked as she opened the door.

"He is, dear. That'll teach him." I smiled.

"Can you imagine? He asked me to marry him! Me! The wife of that boorish, brainless—" Belle said, annoyed.

"No way!" Mei agreed.

Madame Gaston
Can't you just see it?
Madame Gaston
His little wife!
No, sir! Not me!
I guarantee it!
I want much more than this provincial life!

Belle fed the animals with Mei and we ran to an open field to contemplate what to do. She picked up a dandelion and blew out the petals.

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere
I want it more than I can tell
And for once it might be grand
To have someone understand
I want so much more than they've got planned...

Oh Belle...Mei sang out. Hearing the sweet little girl sing melts my heart.

Neighing was heard from the distance and it was just Phillippe, no Maurice. I was definitely worried and so were Belle and Mei.

"Phillippe!" Belle exclaimed.

"Slow down, boy, what happened?" I pet horse gently.

"Did Mr. Maurice go to the fair?" Mei asked.

"I don't think he did, love." I replied, worried.

"What are you doing here? Where's...? Where's Papa? Where is he, Phillipe? What happened? Oh, we have to find him, you have to take me to him!" Belle worried while holding the muzzle of his reigns.

She unhitched the horse and we got ready to go search for Maurice. I was now in my black leather jacket over my Victorian clothes. Mei had on her baby blue jacket to keep her warm.