Hospital

The first day at work goes smoothly

The first day at work goes smoothly. The seniors are welcoming her and really helps her alot. If the Headquarter building fascinates her in the morning, lunch time will become her favorite time of the day as she works here. The food tastes so good compared to what the company has in Jeju. Everything here is double which leads her to think that the pressure to work here might double as well. 

Even the first week at work feels a lot harder than she did back in the branch. Everything moves so fast. Even the seniors help her with anything, most of the time she should figure anything out on her own. There are still a few minor mistakes that she makes but it eventually gets fixed either by the seniors or the manager. However, of course she knows they are not going to take it easy in the next few weeks. She is still forgiven just because it’s her first week. 

True with her prediction, the next month is tougher. The workload is already stressing her out until she really has no time to herself. Even when she’s at home, her mind is still on her work. Advertising world is really no joke in the big city. Every company seems to want to be the first when it comes to something new. They can’t be late, even a half step. 

“It’s hard, isn’t it?”

Eun Ha looks away from her board to her senior who is looking down with an understanding smile. She bows her head in acknowledgement and puts the pieces of the article for the next article. 

“No, Tae Oh Sunbae.” 

Knowing her comfort words, he nods. “No need to hesitate if you find any difficulties, okay?”

“Yes, of course.”

“How is your project so far?”

At that question, the story flows naturally from beginning to what she is working on. From that he figures what kind of obstacles that she has and being a good senior, he helps her. It’s almost lunch time but it seems that she’s not going to stop anytime soon if only he doesn’t remind her.

“Have lunch first, Eun Ha.”

“You go first, Sunbae. I’m thinking of changing this part,” she shows him the material. “Into this one.”

“30 minutes won’t hurt. Let’s go.”

But, Eun Ha quickly denies. “I need to finish it before 3 PM. Director Jung wants all of the article candidates on his desk before tomorrow.”

Tae Oh clicks his tongue. He can’t say anything if the Director also says so. 

“I’ll buy you something.”

“I packed my lunch.”

He raises an eyebrow, “Are you?”

“Yeah, I just need to grab it in my bag.”

After much persuasion, Tae Oh finally leaves the room for lunch. Eun Ha makes sure that he’s already out of sight before she sighs in relief. It was all lies. She doesn’t even have time to pack anything in the morning. She always wakes up after her alarm so everything seems rushed even on her early day. Eating becomes her less concern right now, even her stomach doesn’t even growl in hunger anymore. Her mind is too focused on her project and she knows she needs to get it done even before 3 PM.