𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" I said turning to face him "What was that for"

"Don't be too down; that's my job," he said. I simply laughed at his remark while still holding the region on my head where he had struck me.

"Think about that later, Y/N; don't think about that right now." I simply smiled at him while observing his serene expression. He simply sat there and considered smiling back. I inched closer, laying my head on his tight shoulder, staring up at the sky, which was beginning to become a deep blue colour. My head lying on his shoulder and my hair peaking over the side of his neck caused Eren to tense up, but he soon relaxed into the sensation of sinking into the tree behind him.

He reached out and took my small, icy hands and holding them in his rough, warm ones, placing them in his lap. He began massaging his thumb in a tiny circle, which seemed to soothe all the anxiety that had come over me.

We simply rested while looking ahead and took comfort in each other's company.

I can't get enough of this boy; all I want to do is be with him, keep him safe, and treasure these kinds of moments, which are what bring me the most comfort.

I closed my eyes, leaning a little closer to him as the temperature began to fall, making my skin crawl.

"You aren't falling asleep, right" Eren spoke out. I just 'hmm' in return as I kept my eyes shut at I was comfortable in the position I was in.

I felt Eren's head turn, looking down at me. I felt a firm hand reach out, brushing my cheek and tucking a loose piece of hair behind my ear. Shivers crawled through my entire body, as well as a small tingle at his touch.

"You can't sleep here, Y/N," he said calmly, almost whispering close to my ear, making my heart beat faster, still staring at me.

"I can sleep wherever and whenever I want," I replied with my eyes still shut. You felt Eren shift from beneath your head, causing you to latch on and prevent him from moving any further.

"Where do you suppose you're headed now, exactly?" I spoke while still clinging to his arm and finally turning to face him with my eyes open.

He remarked, seeming shocked at my abrupt embrace, "Sorry, but I'm freezing.

I stood up using the tree as support and brushed myself off as I looked down at Eren, who was still seated on the floor, staring at me directly, causing another crimson flush to stain my cheeks. "Fine, I'll go back but be quiet; I didn't realise how late it had become," I murmured.

I extended my hand for Eren to take. He grasped my hand as I lifted him off the ground.

He let go of my hand and muttered, "Thank you."

I answered, giving him a wink of taunting, "Anything for you."

We arrived late last night, much later than planned, and all of our comrades were already asleep as we snuck back into headquarters, and I sent Eren to the basement head room, which I still didn't like because it was freezing down there.

The next day as the sun was at its peak we were planning and deceasing the formation of todays  expedition when familiar faces started approaching on horseback. Twenty-one of our classmates from the 104th Cadet Core, including Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Jean, Sasha, Ymir, Krista, Reiner, and Bertholt, I was quite shocked at the amount that joined, as I was expecting only a few. It's strange to see a horse's face here.

"Are you okay?" "Did they hurt you?" Mikasa scrutinised Eren, making sure he didn't have a single scratch on him.

"Don't worry Mikasa he's fine I made sure of it" I said with a small smile appearing on my face, standing by her and Armin.