Chapter 23 "Dad Bonding"

I turned around and saw my father hiding under a small bed. His messy grey hair was gone now and all that was left was a bald head. He was wrapped around in a blanket and he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"What day is it?" My dad asked me. His green eyes looked sad and they kept staring up at the ceiling.

"I honestly don't know." I responded. I sat down on the floor next to my dad.

"Have my blanket." My dad said as he unwrapped himself and handed the blanket over.

"Thanks." I said as I took it from him. Then I wrapped myself in its warmth. Ian's jacket didn't really cover my entire body when I sat down. This was the first time I have talked to my dad and haven't gotten into an argument since I was nine.

He looked away from the ceiling and shut his eyes. I thought he had fallen asleep but then he started to snap his fingers. He seemed to be snapping to a rhythm and humming a song. I didn't know what to say. Ever since mom died I had always wanted to spend time with my dad. Funny how years later my prayers were answered but now I'd rather be with Ian.

"Dad..." I started to say but then went silent. What did I want to tell him? Should I yell at him or use this time to bond with him? He seems sane except for being under the bed.

"Yes." He responded but kept his eyes shut. The snapping stopped and so did the humming.

Think. Say something."Have they been feeding you?" I asked. I know we're going to talk about food. Lame, I know.

My dads eyes snapped open and a wide smile spread over his lips. "I should have known that you were behind it." My dad said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. My body started relaxing and I knew it was going to be a long night.

"They feed me four times a day and even provide snacks. I thought it was strange but I'm guessing you requested it." My dad sighed. He looked up at me with those big green eyes. "I knew you had to much heart. I tried to make you stronger but it seems like I gave you more heart." He said.

"Your wrong. I don't have a heart anymore. If I did then I wouldn't be here. I would have told you I had a mate sooner." I said and the truth finally set in. Tears came running down my face again for the second time tonight.

"Honey don't cry. He's not your mate. Remember your mate died years ago. Dry your tears. You don't want to wake up our cell mates. They are already jealous with how much food I get." My dad said and then he shut his eyes again.

I wiped away the last tear and looked around. All the cells were empty. My dad is insane but he is still my dad. His mind is not right. Sometimes it seems he has different personalities. This one is the kind one but still partly insane. I'd take the nice one over the crazy killer any day.

"Goodnight my little Melanie." My dad whispered and then his heavy snoring started.

It warmed my heart to hear him say that. He would always tuck me into bed when I was little and say goodnight to me. My mind wanted to distract itself. I stood up and laid down on the bed. I thought back to when I was little and how my dad used to play hide and seek. My mind drifted off with all of these thoughts and soon I fell asleep.

"Food." A guy yelled. I woke up quickly and sat up. We must have been out for quite a while because the guy had dropped off two plates. Dad and I hadn't eaten breakfast. There were two plates with pancakes and the other two had club sandwiches.

"Wait. How is Ian?" I asked the guy. I had never seen him before. He had jet black hair that went to his shoulders and a very thin body. He looked up and he had light brown eyes.

"Ian is alive and well. He told me to tell you that he loves you and will see you later." The guy said and then threw me a T-shirt and some shorts. I caught them and looked up at them. "They are from Destiny. She sure is demanding. I like a women who knows what she wants. I guess I'm lucky."

"Lucky?" I asked as I got out of bed.

"We'll she said to keep it a secret for now. No worries Melanie. By the way my name is Henry." Henry said as he walked out.

"Weird." I said aloud and then looked under the bed. My dad was sprawled out under the bed and he was still snoring.

I looked at the clothes I was given and wrapped in the shirt was a bra and in the pockets of the shorts were underwear. Man, I love Destiny. I got dressed in five seconds flat. Then I looked at my breakfast and looked it over to make sure no drugs were in it. I smelled it to double check and it all seemed fine. So I ate my pancakes and the sandwich. I was starving. Dad was still asleep and I wanted to keep it that way. Being quiet is very hard when all you want to do is yell at the world to give you what you want. So I started pacing by the front of the cell.

"Melanie, please stop. Your giving me a headache." My dad said in his alpha voice.

I instantly stopped. This was the crazed angry father. The one I didn't like. I sat down on the floor and looked out at the other cells. All empty. Why didn't they put me in one of the other cells?

"Did you check the food for poison?" My father asked.

"Yes dad. No poison. You taught me better then that." I said in a bored tone. I made sure to look forward.

"Good." I herd his footsteps come forward and he grabbed his plates. Then I herd him chow down his food.

"Dad, if mom was still here would you have still arranged for the tournament?" I asked. This question had been lingering at the back of my mind and I figured this is the best time to ask.

"Your mate would still be dead so of course." He said it like it was nothing.

"What if my mate hadn't been murdered?" I added. My eyes stayed locked at looking forward and having my bak to him.

"All of these,what if questions, are no use in asking. It's not going to happen. Your mate is dead and so is mine. We must live with it!" My dad yelled and then he hurled his plates at the cell doors. Thank goodness the plates were metal because they landed on a floor with a loud clank.

"Yes, our mates died! Just get over it! I lost him and I didn't even get to know him!" I yelled as I got up from the floor and turned around to look at my dad. His mouth was wide open and shock came over his face. I balled my hands into fists and I could feel my face getting heated. "At least you got to have mom for 12 years! I didn't even get him for 12 minutes! Every day that went by I kept picturing him and how my life could have been!" I was yelling at my dad. This needed to come out. He only thought of himself and his loss. I also had a great loss but he didn't care.

"Exactly! I knew what I lost and you don't even have a clue. You don't know how it feels to have apart of you die. I loved your mother. She was my life and then she just quit living life. Each day that went by I saw her get weaker and weaker. At least yours died quickly and their wasn't anything you could do!" My dad was yelling back at me. Now he stood up and glared at me.

"I was only nine years old! I had no idea what was going on but I could feel the connection. He was mine and then he was taken from me. I loved him but I had to get over it. You don't think I didn't feel the pain? Oh, I felt it! All I wanted to do was crawl up into a ball and die! You know what dad, I didn't let myself do that. I sucked it up and picked up the pieces of my small heart and lived life. That's when I needed you but you were always with mom. You didn't even let me go see her when she was dying." I growled the last part.

Then I herd the cell door open. I turned and saw Henry. "Melanie, Ian wants you." He said as he held out his hand. I grabbed his hand and walked out. The cell door closed and we walked out. My dad stayed silent and soon we left the dungeon.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked me and then awkwardly placed his hand on my shoulder.

I held back the tears and inhaled deeply. "I'm fine." I sighed and let Henry lead the way.

We walked up to a large house and he lead me to Ian's room. It was upstairs and I could tell that this pack had more money then they lead on. The house had an old French theme. French art covered the walls and a lot of old style furniture. Soon we came to a door and Henry opened it for me.

"Ian told me to wait out here and stand guard. His father doesn't know about this meeting. Go in." Henry said as he looked behind us to look at the hallways again. His body was tense and ready to attack. He must be very brave to go against his alpha.

"Thank you." I said and gave him a small peck on the cheek.

Henry blushed. His dark hair seemed lighter when his cheeks were a deep red. "Don't mention it."

I walked into a dark room and Henry closed the door. The only light in the room was the light from the fire. There was a huge king sized bed in the center of Ian's room and a big red couch was placed on the other side of his room. as I stepped closer i saw a figure get off the bed and strip off his robe.

"Ian." I gasped. I was happy to find him strong and healthy. What surprised me was that he was completely naked!

**********************
Thank you all for reading! Please vote if you like it. Also comment and give me feedback! I love your comments :)