2.

Once they got back home with Jungkook drunk hanging on Joon and Jin's shoulders. Both immediately placed him on the couch not able to handle the alcohol stench coming from him.

"hyung? I'll take care of him" Taehyung offered to help him instead, as he let his hyungs rest.

Taehyung crouched down to the other observing him closely. as he cautiously put his hand out to caress Jungkook's hair but immediately retrieved it, waving his hand in front of his face. the younger had fallen into a deep slumber. sighing he gently placed his hand on the other's head. He had never gotten to touch Jungkook's hair until now. they were soft, he thought. He smiled a sad smile thinking how all of this would change in the morning.

Taehyung knew the Jungkook that seemed so calm right now wouldn't be the same if he woke up and saw him. his eyes that are softly shut right now will burn with anger and hate for him when morning arrives. his lips that were held between his teeth right now will only hold bad words and curses for him tomorrow.

Taehyung moved his fingers along the thick locks feeling the slight wetness in them as he heard Jungkook's soft snores. they were cute, he thought.

"You seem so calm now," Tae whispers to the sleeping boy.

"I make you hate me so much, don't I?" he continues, voice breaking as he harshly bites his lips to stop his tears from falling off.

"You wanna get rid of me right? want me out of your life right? I p-promise..i- " he gulps harshly, swallowing his tears as he takes his other hand intertwining with Jungkook's. eyes filled with tears yet a smile on his lips.

"I - I always wanted to hold your hand Kookie..they feel so soft" he says smiling a little, when a lone tear falls right on top of Jungkook's back hand, gently wiping off the tear with the pad of his thumb.

"Would you hold my hand and tell me how mine feels like, in yours?" not able to contain his tears, he harshly presses a hand against his mouth, wiping his tears away.

I wanna feel the warmth of your arms...

he sobs silently, fingers still intertwined with Jungkook's as he lays his head against the hand rest of the couch drifting into a deep slumber.

———

the next morning when Jungkook woke up he was surprised to see Taehyung on the floor only to realise a minute later that they were holding hands. he harshly pulls his hand out of Tae's hold, which caused Tae to wake up, his body ached from even angle as he tried to stand up. rubbing his eyes to see Jungkook intensely looking at him.

"Jungk–." "Just shut up! my whole day is ruined because of you. get out of my sight" Jungkook spat and walked away, leaving Tae behind to hurt.

Taehyung was a morning person. always waking up with a smile, hoping for each day to be even better but today was different. for the first time he wished for the morning to never come. Maybe the universe didn't want him to be happy at all.

"Jungkook he– I ruined his day." Tae repeated the words Jungkook said. maybe I do.

The words kept playing in his head like a tape, "Tae? why are you standing like that in the middle" he heard yoongi ask who settled himself on the couch, shaking his head dismissively

"Come here my sunshine," Yoongi said, opening his arms dramatically, noticing Tae's unusual demeanor in the morning. his stupid act caused Tae burst into a cute giggle and he threw himself on yoongi, hugging him who groaned in pain but nevertheless hugged him back.

you know me so well..

"I love you hyung," Tae said, hugging him even tighter.

"Get off me, you're heavy," Yoongi said, trying to push Tae away but Tae didn't budge.

"Come on hyung say it back or I'll cry" Tae emotionally tried to blackmail him but Yoongi knew better, he would anyway say it even if Tae wouldn't ask.

"Yeah yeah..I love you too," Yoongi says and Taehyung cheers happily hugging him again.

thank you hyung. you always try to make me happy, even though I don't deserve it. I don't deserve anything.

Taehyung gets off, immediately rushing back to his room trying to hide his tears so the older doesn't question him but what he doesn't know is that Yoongi is well versed with his actions. and even though Yoongi knows he's crying. He doesn't go after him. He knows he wants to be alone. He always does. but this time Yoongi lets him.

———
Taehyung was rushing towards his room when he heard Jin hyungs voice, it sounded as if he was scolding someone.

"why don't you stop for once, huh.? let the boy live" Jin hyung shouted to who he understood was Jungkook. Tae didn't like others involving themselves in his problems. Jungkook hated him, it wasn't their fault it was his own. He quickly made his way to Jungkook's room, slightly opening the door he saw Jungkook sitting and scrolling through his phone while Jin hyung was shouting at him. He didn't care.

"Just stop babying him all the time. He's not a kid. y'all pamper him too much." Jungkook scoffed, rolling his eyes and continued scrolling through his phone. Jin hyung let out a low chuckle in disbelief.

"So this is what it is about you- you're jealous of Taehyung, aren't you?" Taehyung heard Jin say, he wanted to go in and stop his hyung but he stayed put.

"I am not jealous of that annoying shit." Jungkook frustratedly spat, getting on his feet facing Jin. Taehyung noticed Jungkook's balled fists and he didn't want anyone to get hurt because of him. and why were they even fighting? because of me..he thought.

he opened the door wide, teary eyed he looked at Jin who pulled him in a hug.

"bitch. get out of here. don't you ever fucking dare step a foot in my room" Jungkook said pulling Taehyung out of the hug who meekly nodded, not wanting to make things worse.

"That's not how you talk to him, Jungkook!" Jin's voice roared, scaring Taehyung but it barely affected Jungkook.

Jungkook, without sparing a glance left the room and Tae finally let out his tears.

"D-don't fight because of me..pls" Taehyung spoke between sobs and ran out to his favourite spot. the rooftop.

Everything felt calm and serene here. The breeze blowing through his hair, taking away the tears with him. He felt at peace. He lies down, hands resting at the back of his head, thinking about how things changed in his life. how he went from being actually happy to struggling to be happy. how, even though he received love from everyone his heart craved for him.

how stupidly in love he is with someone that will never love him.