Our Pack

MASON'S POV

  Mother always gave me one simple quote throughout my whole life: there will always be someone better at someone else at something. The catch, she told me to be that better person, she was always competitive. That applied to everything from 5th grade school projects to today in leading this pack. That is how we made it to the 5th largest pack in North America, I had to pave my way to the top, but of course I'm still going because mother was happy but not yet proud, the only thing I want to hear my mother tell me at least once in her life is 'I'm proud of you'. She expects perfection and won't stop until she gets it from me.

 I was praying she won't turn my Cassandra into something like her, when we do eventually mate of course she will become pregnant, she will try to do something about her ways of motherhood. I just don't know what to do about it, I don't want my pups to grow up the way I did. They shouldn't have to feel like they have to be perfect for me or Cassandra.

 I thought about ways to get my mother away from her while she is pregnant and the first month because by then she will already know how to be a mother by instinct, I've seen it by many of my pack members.

 I know it seems wrong to be thinking about this but it's actually pretty normal considering we have known each other for a few weeks now we'll have to mate in about two months, that will come up very fast. I know she really doesn't like me but we have to. I wish that these laws didn't exist but they do for people like me, with mates that are hesitant but it's not like forcing them to mate will make them less hesitant! Well maybe for the female because they go into heat afterwards and then pregnancy hormones... Okay it helps a little but that doesn't make it right! I want Cassandra to mate with me when she wants to and by choice not by force.

 I walked silently behind the chatting females in front of me, Cassandra was wedged between my mother and sister. I prayed that Fiona didn't already try to mold Cassandra into something mother was trying to, I know that Fiona was mothers golden child and father always believed she was too soft on her considering Fiona would scream when someone threw a ball at her. Any type of ball.

 She's... my mother's daughter. Mom was just made to do this though it was her job to make someone what she wanted, the only one she hadn't been able to was my father. He won't put up with her crap especially just because she is his mate.

 Normally we would host a large lavish ball for any new and high social member of the pack but we have to hold that off until the end of the month and in all honest she should not be attending just hosting, which according to my mother meant being on a pedestal and having lower classes entertain us. It was always cruel so now that there is a new Luna she may host the party! And I can't wait I have always hated being on the throne.

"Oh! And our parties! They are absolutely wonderful! We sit on thrones like royalty! It is all rather wonderful and lavish! The formal dresses, the entertainment, and the romance! OH it's all wonderful!" Fiona sighed.

I snorted she didn't know a thing about romance except for that ass that she calls her boyfriend. He was never romantic and she still loved him! She wasn't even a virgin anymore because she said he told her that they would always be together even if they found their mates! That was just sick and once the law steps in they could both be arrested. You may be wondering how they would know... Every few months, about four, they sent in guards all over every pack to gather information and if you rejected your mate there would be an R on your forearm. It was rather disgusting too and even if you were forced to take your mate back the mark would forever be there. Fiona of course just brushed this off and said we had make up and nothing is permanent.

"What, Mason? Have your opinion? Speak up, we haven't got all day." said Fiona as she turned to face me. I sighed I loved my sister and I know deep down she despised all this: the parties, the luxury, and the popularity. She once a long time ago had told me she just wanted to be normal without any of this and she just didn't want mom to hate her for not wanting this life style. I couldn't blame her mom molded her and she tried me but Dad was able to get me away to train Fiona was at her will.

"Yes, actually, Mom go cancel the party, we will only have an introduction today." I said walking up to them and taking Cassandra's elbow.

Mother only looked shocked then angered. "No! We shall have this party! The entertainers have already prepared and--"

 "Go NOW!" I said using Alpha command. She just stumbled away with Fiona hot on her heels. Cassandra just turned back to look at me with grateful eyes.

"Thank God! I am so sore, just walking is painful! Carry me," she moaned. I chuckled and scooped her up in my arms she was so cute. Especially when she snuggled up to my chest trying to get comfortable. I felt her wolf reaching out to mine, it was comforting.

They were leading us to the dresser and tailor, Joanna. So I turned us around and headed back to our room. Once there I headed to our bathroom and set her down on the counter and started the bath water for her.

She looked at me scared but I just lightly kissed her lips and said, "I'll leave you to it just don't take too long, Mrs. Tyson." I joked. Because to humans apparently we were married.

 Her laugh indicated she understood and she nodded and pecked my lips before pushing me out.

CASSANDRA'S POV

I was so happy he asked them to call off the party! I didn't want to get dressed up and be uncomfortable all night it sounded fun to party but the way they were explaining it it seemed more like we watched them have fun in all honesty. I did not want to sit while others danced and played around us! I am a partier and that was what I was made to do! Gosh, Mason thank you so much  for taking me off my feet finally! But now I have to worry about being presented to the pack later... Better start scrubbing, I thought before grabbing the bar of soap.

-Jeze

January 18, 2013