He picked up his costume and carefully out it on the mannequin in his office, knowing this would be the last time he ever wore it.

¤¤¤

One year, four months later

"Sho, you know my mom would've taken me to this appointment, right?" Midoriya asks, frowning slightly in concentration to keep his words from slurring.

"I know, but she would've had to skip her book club meeting thing," Todoroki replies, pushing Midoriya's wheel chair down the hall to the parking lot

"So you skipped half a day of hero work, because that's so much better."

"Glad to see you can still use sarcasm."

"Glad to see you can still spot it."

Both boys laugh for a few seconds, letting the other know they were teasing when they get to the car, Midoriya let's Todoroki help him in. It had been quite a few months since he had enough mobility to do it himself.

"Promise me you'll go in for the rest of the day though?" Midoriga asks as Todoroki got in the driver's seat

"But you'll be alone."

"Only for an hour or so, then my mom will come over. I'll be fine Sho," Midoriya insists. "I told you I'm not going to be the reason you miss out on being a Pro Hero."

"I suppose I can see if they can put me on patrol with someone...." Todoroki says, knowing that it would probably be simple to find a patrol to join. He could probably even find some kind of raid to join last minute if he really wanted to. Running an agency did have its advantages.

"Thank you."

Todoroki start driving and Midoriya looks out the window a little tired and sore. Today they'd gone to see a physio therapist to talk about range of motion exercises he was supposed to be doing to avoid getting contractures.

While Midoriya didn't want his joints to start going ridged from disuse, sometimes the exercises made him feel like he'd just spent he day lugging trash on the Takoba Municipal Park Beach again. At least then he knew he was gaining muscle mass. Now he was just doing everything he could to keep his muscles from deteriorating too quickly.

Once home, Todoroki helped Midoriga into his wheelchair and managed to make sure the greenette got into the living room before surrendering to his nagging to go to work.

Midoriya managed to get out of his chair and onto the couch, with a bit of struggle. His right arm was basically useless at this point, due to all the nerve damage he caused back when he was in 1-A. His left arm was still mostly functional, as were his legs. But he couldn't use a walker or wheel himself anywhere without his right arm.

Hence the fact he had a motorized wheelchair for getting around the house.

Midoriya sighs, leaning over to the coffee table to grab his book. He'd done a lot more reading in the las year, rather than going on his phone or watching TV. He know he'd be too tempted to check the news and any recent villain attacks. It wouldn't do him any good to stalk the crime rate statistics, because it would only make his heart ache to be back on the streets fighting villains.

He looks up when he hears the door open, smiling as Inko walked into the room. "Hi mom. How was your book club meeting?"

"It was nice. Plenty to talk about today,' she says, setting her purse on the coffee table. "How are you feeling sweetie?"

Midorya shrugs. "A little sore a little tired. Nothing new," he replies, putting his book make in place and letting his book fall into his lap.

"Well if there's nothing new to tell, that means the medicine is doing its job," Inko says, though the unspoken 'for now weighs heavily in the air. Yes they had Midoriya on Riluzole, Edavarone and Aiedail, but the drugs weren't a cure. It was simply a means to delay the inevitable.

"So, what do you think you want to do today? Its a lovely day, we could go to the lake. Or would you rather stay in?" Inko asks. She knows some fresh air would do her son some good, he hadn't really gone outside for much longer then it took to be wheeled from the car to the hospital doors.

Midoriya knew it was beautiful outside, the first hints of warmth and the promise of spring appearing in the late February air. He knew it would be good for him to be outside for longer than it took to be wheeled in and out of the hospital.

But at the same time, the thought of his mother having to push his wheelchair for him stung. He wanted to be mobile on his own.

Midoriya supposed he could get another motorized wheelchair, one more sturdily built, made to be used outside. Todoroki had suggested it, a few times actually. Midoriya sad he'd think about it, but the truth was he knew he'd feel guilty if he got one. There were thousands of other people with ALS, whos families didn't have the money to spend on fancy wheelchairs. People who were loaned used equipment by the ALS foundation, equipment that would be given back and used by other patients.

Midoriya would be donating his wheelchairs and any other equipment they bought to the ALS foundation after he died. Or at least, Todoroki promised he'd do it for Midoriya.

The greenette looks up at his mother, letting his shoulder droop in partially-feigned exhaustion. "It sounds nice but I'm tired mom. Thank you though," he said with a small smile.

Inko smiles back and nods, making herself more comfortable in her armchair. Mother and son both pick up their books and read in silence, wanting to spend as much time together as they could.

¤¤¤

A/N: Sorry this is so short, I promise the next chapters will be longer. This was just the best place for me to leave off, otherwise the chapter would have been massive.