Home Sweet Home

The next day, Gwen woke up early to get ready and go to her studio. She got out of bed and walked to her huge walk-in closet. Everything was neatly organized, pants, skirts, sweaters, tops, then dresses. Gwen decided on black jeans and a white tank top and red sweater. No need to be too dressed up right? She threw on a pair of flats and tied her light brown hair into a messy bun. She grabbed an apple and ran out the door. It was a nice day out, so she decided to walk. It was only about 10 minutes or so. A few minutes later she arrived at her studio, she unlocked the door and went inside. Gwen loved her studio, it was light green with white curtains flowing from the many windows. She unlocked the door to her office and sat down on her swivel chair. Gwen had been starting on a new line, it was for winter. So far she really only liked a few designs. A red peacoat that flared out at the knee, a black dress with lace sleeves and a lace back, and lilac colored jeans that had a deeper shade of purple at the cuff. This was totally Gwen's style. These designs were the only ones she pictured being successful, the others were just too basic. Her line had to be completed by Friday, it was now Tuesday. Gwen thought of something perfect, a red, long sleeved thin sweater dress that went just above the knee. Black argyle tights with a black ankle boot. And paired with the dress, a big, black belt. "This is perfect!" squealed Gwen. "This will definitely work."

A few hours later, her models arrived. Gwen already had everything but the red dress. So, she was giving completed outfits for her models to try on. She wanted to see what they looked like on real people. Gwen also had many different models, some skinny, some curvy, some plus-sized. She liked to see how they looked on everyone. Grace, one of her models tried on the black dress, it was amazing! The black dress was probably her favorite. As Gwen was adjusting Grace's dress, her cell phone rang.

"Aunt Mary! It's good to here from you, how are you?" Gwen asked. 

"Not to good hun." replied Aunt Mary.

"Why what happened?" Gwen asked her as she walked into her office.

"Samantha.....she had an accident."

"What? Is she alright? What happened?" Gwen asked now extremely worried.

"She's not alright, she had a drug overdose, she died last night." her aunt told her.

"Samantha is dead?" Gwen asked quietly. 

"Yes, your uncle Jim found her this morning, with an empty bottle of pills, and a note for you."

"Oh my God! Aunt Mary I'm so sorry, was she getting help? I always said she was depressed, but nobody listened and now she's she's dead!" Gwen exclaimed.

"Gwen I know you said that and I should've listened, I know. If I listened, my little girl would still be here!" Aunt Mary said sobbing. Gwen felt tears trickle down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry, when is the funeral?" Gwen asked.

"Thursday at 2:00." was all Aunt Mary said.

"I will be there Aunt Mary, I promise."