Chapter 3: No touchy!

Start from the beginning

I reached Deku's room without any issues and haphazardly opened the door. I look into his room to see him curled up in the blankets. "I'm back! I also got some medicine and a washcloth for your head, I thought it would make you feel a bit better. "He look up to me as I walk next to his bed, placing the plate and cup down. "You didn't have to Uraraka.." He says groggly, trying to sit up, wincing as he does. "I know, but I thought you'd like it." I smile, opening the medicine container and grabbing two pills. "Here, this'll numb the fever for about six hours." I say, handing him the medicine and glass. He grabs them. I turn back to close the bottle. I hear a thick gulp, I look back to him, seeing a pained expression stretched across his face.

"Are you up to eat a piece of toast? You don't have to right now if you don't want to." He takes a moment, before nodding. I hand him a piece of toast, our hands touch as he takes it from me. I actually took a moment to look at his hand this time. He has gloves on. What the? Isn't he already hot? Why is he wearing gloves? "Uh, Deku-kun, why do you have gloves on? You look very hot." I see his eyes widen for a second, fear flashing through them. "U-uh it's nothing. I just.." He trails off, picking at the toast. "Why don't we take them off? I can't imagine they're of much help." I say, reaching for his hand. He slaps my hand away. "NO!" He shouts. He looks at me, his expression immediately changes to fear. "Oh my god.. Uraraka I'm s-so sorry. I-I didn't mean to." He apologies quickly, tears starting to rise. "I just think, that this way I can at least try not to get my germs on more surfaces. That's all.." He says in a low tone as he finishes, looking down at his hand. "I-It's okay, I understand, I'm sorry for pulling that." I say weakly.

We stayed there in silence for a bit. Both of us feeling uncomfortable. "Um, I should go, I have to eat before class." I say, gripping at my bag strap. "Oh.. Okay. I'll see you later.. Thank you for getting me all this." He says, looking away. "See you later." And with that, I walk out.

~Time skip~

What was that earlier? I've never seen Deku so defensive. I know I overstepped a little, but I didn't expect him to lash out like that. He looked so scared, why would he be so scared for me to take off his gloves? Come to think of it, he's been wearing those for a couple days now, and it's warm out, there's no need for them. Is he just cold? Or is there something else. He's been looking pretty bad lately, maybe they're all connected.

"Ochaco-chan." "AH!" I turn my head to see Tsu facing me. I return to reality to see us in the halls. Me, Iida, Todoroki and Tsu were walking to class. I guess I got lost in thought. "Oh! Sorry Tsu, I was a bit distracted. What were you saying?" I chuckle in embarrassment. "You're worried about Deku-kun, aren't you? Kero" She asks. I sigh. "Yea, you should have seen him this earlier. He looked terrible." She looks at me with curiosity. "Did anything else happen? It looks like there's more than what you're telling me." Dang it, was she always this good at reading people?? "He's.. Been acting strange lately, like he's scared. I keep trying to be there for him but he's not opening up! I'm just worried that something is wrong." I sigh in defeat. "It's okay to be worried, Uraraka. But if he doesn't want to open up right now there's nothing you can do. You'll simply need to wait until he feels ready to talk." Iida chimes in. "I know, it just feels wrong. He smacked my hand away from him this morning when I asked and reached to take off his gloves. I know I should've just asked without reaching, but I only thought that I needed to get his temperature down, he was sweating like crazy." I groan, placing my face into my palms. Their faces are taken over with confusion. "That's certainly odd for Midoriya. Perhaps the gloves are special to them." Iida suggests. "Maybe." "I'm sure it will be okay Ochaco-chan, he knows he can talk to us, kero." Tsu reassures. "Thanks guys, I'll try to keep that in mind." I smile lightly. 

I look over to the wall, looking at our class door. Well, I better pay attention if I want to get some good notes for Deku!

Izuku's pov:

What was that Izuku!! You just hit Uraraka! She just offered to take off your gloves and you smacked her! I clench my hands into the blanket below me, gritting my teeth as tears fall down my face. My teeth are in more pain now but I don't care. She didn't deserve that, but I did it anyway. A sob escapes my mouth, hurting my throat more. I grab the blanket and tug it over me as I lie down. I start to actually cry at this point, ignoring the pain it's causing.. I have to apologize if she comes back. I close my eyes, letting sleep take over me again.

I woke up to a ringing in my ears. I shake my head and cover my ears trying to make it go away. It slowly fades away, but a new problem arises. I can hear literally everything.

I can hear the leaves on the trees blowing in the wind, birds tweeting outside, the sound of my papers blowing up for a second as a breeze blows in the room. Good god why is everything so loud??

I get up out of bed, pain searing through my feet as I apply pressure to them. Oh my god! I grab the blankets trying to stop me from falling, but it just comes with me. A pain explodes through my back as I fall on it. Owww.... I put my hands behind me, pushing myself up, trying to be careful of my aching body. At least the tooth pain is gone now. I pull myself up to the window sill, trying not to hurt my feet too much. I grab the window, pulling it down with all my strength. I gasp in relief at the loud sounds now being numbed.

I look around, looking at the stuff Uraraka brought me. I should probably eat now. I sit down on the bed, releasing the pressure off my feet. I look at my hands, no one will be walking in right now.

I pull the gloves off, having the first look at my actual hands for the first time today. Long black talons shine from the light through the window. I sigh. I have to find out how to reverse this.

I reach over for a piece of toast, my talons puncturing it as I pick it up. I take a bite, it's cold now but I don't really mind. I scarf down the rest, I feel happy to have some food in me now. I shift around on my bed. I feel a bit dirty. Maybe a bath will make me feel better.