"Call us if you need a drive back!" She hears Seulgi shout from behind her.

"I will! Thank you, guys! I owe you!" Chaeyoung says one last time before walking away quickly through the gate, not caring that she wasn't sheltered from the rain anymore.

Raindrops course down her body and she shivers.

She ignores the stares given by the guest service officer at the front desk, her mind too buzzed from the thrill of running through the rain.

Thankfully, Yugyeom had registered her as a visitor (unbeknownst to Jungkook) so all she had to do was show the officer her ID.

She takes note to remember thanking the guy later. He has proven to be a great friend to Jungkook after all and an even better wingman for her, no matter how weird it was that he used to countlessly flirt with her a few months back.

When she reached the lobby, Chaeyoung centered herself with a deep inhale then pressed the elevator button.

She was nervous and worried, her negativity getting the best of her as she pictured Jungkook had already left and she might have been too late.

The nerves doubled as she entered the elevator, even as the jazzy music drowns out in her ears, and doubled even more as she rushed out the hallway leading up to his door, her footsteps loud against the marble flooring.

Apartment #370.

Chaeyoung swallows hard. This is it.

She rings the doorbell, shifting her weight from one foot to another, as she waits for someone to answer.

She rings again.

Then again.

Then again.

Then again.

When several seconds pass by with no response, Chaeyoung bangs on the door, bangs on it like her life depended on it. Her knuckles were starting to hurt but she didn't care. She desperately wanted to know if he was still here.

She feels a lump formed in her throat. "Please."

The sudden thought that she had been too late wrecks her mind and tears start to brim in her eyes.

She raises her fist again to bang one last time.

This was it.

And just as her hand was about to meet the wooden surface of the door again, it swung open, revealing the one person she had wanted to meet.

Jungkook.

He looks just as she had seen him last.

Though his eyes were pained and tired, as if he hadn't slept the night before and his hair a tousled mess on his head, he still looks as beautiful as she remembers.

But then the memory of the way his eyes flashed with hurt entered her mind, causing a breath to shudder out of her.

Jungkook's mouth falls open, "Chaeyoung..?"

He blinks at her a few times then his eyes register the way she was soaked from head to toe, the way her chest was heaving as if she had just run a marathon, the way tears were clinging to her lower lashes and the way her lips were quivering as she takes a shaky breath.

He couldn't tell if he was dreaming or if Chaeyoung was really right there in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, his voice husky and slightly confused.

He sees her take a deep breath before opening her mouth.

"I'm sorry," she chokes out.

Before he can even think to respond, Chaeyoung continues, "what I said that night, you didn't deserve any of that. I was wrong, I was angry and I was confused, and I took it out on you and for that, I am so sorry. God, I'm so fucking sorry, Jungkook."