𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐂𝐥𝗼𝐮𝐝 ✵ 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢 𝐙𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧

Warning/Disclaimer: none just some fluff

Notes: I'm trying these days to write about new characters and that's the only thing I could come up for Maki which I'm a bit disappointed about... (That's why it's shorter than usual)

"Why does it kept hitting me when I'm aiming at the tree?!" huffed Y/N, looking at the weapon that had been loaned to her

Playful cloud, a three-section staff connected by chains, was a special grade cursed tool whose strength relied on the raw power of its user. A power that Y/N thought she had until she understood she needed to be able to use it correctly if she wanted to release it.

Maki glanced towards her fellow second-year as she blocked a blow from Megumi "You're not even standing correctly"

"What?" The one whose cheeks were starting to get sore at her every missed hit twirled around to face their duel, watching as Maki finally found an opening to bring Megumi down.

Looking down at her junior, the green-haired girl gave him a quick rundown of his errors and then send him to continue his training with his class. "Your feet are literally glued together" she pointed as she glanced over her shoulder with a teasing smile.

Y/N grumbled a response, looking down at her feet to notice she was right. The tree she was treating as a target seemed in better shape than her body where bruises started to form. She had indeed the power but not the technique.

"I can't even aim a tree, how am I supposed to hit a moving curse" she mumbled with a sight, only getting her mind out of its self-deprecating thoughts when she felt an exhale of air on the nape of her neck.

"First your legs need to be wider apart" instructed Maki, her foot moving to put some distance between hers. "Then you need to relax your shoulders and wrists" She stood behind Y/N, her eyes watching her classmate closely.

As she noticed her friends struggling to put her muscles at ease, her hands went naturally to rub her arms. Maki took another step so that her body was pressing against hers and she spoke against her ear "Relax" her voice sending shivers down the flushing body of Y/N who was trying to keep her attention on the weapon in hand.

"I-I'm relaxed" she spoke, breath hitching in her throat which earned a smirk from her instructor whose hands went to enveloped hers.

"For now, you can start by trying to control one section at a time" their hands slid against the smoothness of the Playful Cloud. "Keep them right there and now, try to swing it"

Her movements were hesitant and small but Y/N was finally able to put some damage on the tree.

"Nice!" smiled Maki, her grip loosening to bring it up on her shoulder. She gave her a squeeze and took a step back, a sudden loss of warmth that Y/N couldn't help but already miss. "Can I leave you here or do you have any more questions?"

Facing still the tree, Y/N bit her lips as she already felt the embarrassment of her next words hit her. "I-I might have other questions..."

Maki's amusement at the sight of her adorable classmate struggling to express her wish was pulling at her lips, a bright smile now adorning her face as she closed the distance between them. She threw her arms around her waist, her head plotting on her shoulders as she teased "I'm all ears. Tell me Y/N, what are those questions your little head is wondering about?"