𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 ✵ 𝐆𝗼𝐣𝗼 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫𝐮

Warning/Disclaimer: nothing but the fact that I've catch up to the manga and I hate Naoya (but I'll be writing about him cause I wanna write angst)

Gojo watched as she moved around gracefully. The skirt of her dress hugged her hips, covering her legs completely from his eyes, only rarely teasing at least her bare ankles. Leaning on the wall, his lips were graced by a gentle smile as he admired that grin his younger self couldn't get enough of.

Oblivious to his presence on the side, Gojo was let to admire the one he spent his high school years with; especially those nights where they would spend hours on the roof with him babbling about his day or when he would sneak into her room, craving for her touch.

The, now, man chuckled at the memory of Yaga banging at her door, calling for his name. His professor always knew he was there. Actually, everyone knew simply because the next day, the cheeky young man would smugly talk about it in the middle of the corridors.

"What's so funny?" Utahime inquired, eyes filled with suspicion when she noticed the affectionate expression displayed on his face.

"No one told me she would be here" he spoke, his eyes never leaving her form as she laughed when Itadori suddenly made her spun on the spot, ignoring the rhythm of the song.

"Well, it's our high school reunion so of course, she would be here" his senior seeped on her drink only to further explained when she felt his pointing look "I guess the elders were finally satisfied with her works overseas. I'm still surprised you didn't do anything" she spoke, recalling the dejected expression Y/n wore when she returned with the decision delivered by the elders, which was met by Gojo's furious one.

"Don't worry, I just haven't found something good enough" he smirked dangerously before turning back to the dance floor only to notice that Itadori was now dancing with Panda. As he was about to leave Utahime, in search of the one he was lounging for, a tap on his shoulder made him glance over his shoulder.

"Didn't expect you to grow shy over the years" Leaning against the wall with her arm crossed, her smile followed the line of her delicate features "Or were you ignoring me?" her voice was soft, playful almost.

"Both are wrong sweetheart. I was simply enjoying how beautiful you look" he spoked as he matched her smile. Y/N started to play with the ends of her hair as he looked down at her small form, he swore she had gotten lovelier over the years apart.

"You don't look so bad yourself" she complimented, her eyes trailing on his figure.

"Is that so?" he joined her and leaned against the wall. His gaze met hers once more and he considered kissing her right there but could he?

Years had passed and even if they never discuss the state of their relationship, with sometimes month without calls it was hard to think they would simply go back to their old habit.

Her movements were slow as she took a small step to reduce the distance between the two. Gojo could see her face closer this way, even more, gorgeous than he'd thought before. He lost his gaze on the sight of her eyelashed under the light as Y/N stared up at him, curious eyes lingering on his lips before landing back on his eyes. "I missed you" she whispered and he lost it, mouth agape for a solid second.

Y/N didn't plan to confess at their first meeting. She thought about acting cool, almost detached, and hopefully, he would confess first. But those eyes. Those damn eyes were probing into her soul, making herself feel like an open book. So she would rather tell him herself than let the man tease her confession out of her.

On the other hand, Gojo had let his heart took over, a small step from him was enough to completely close the distance. One hand found her waist while the other naturally placed itself on her cheek. Just as he was about to lean further down a cheerful voice interrupted him.

"So you are indeed old friends" exclaimed Itadori with an innocent smile.

Gojo could hear the snort of Utahime behind his student as he repeated "Friends?"

"Yeah, Y/N told me you were friends"

At his statement, the sensei looked down at the said woman who immediately found the floor very interesting. A wave of embarrassment wash over her face as she heard him repeated once again "She told you, we were friends?"

Y/N bit her lip, averting her eyes from his curious gaze. Enjoying, her embarrassment too much, the man couldn't let her know that he also shared her doubt. A low chuckle left his lips and he placed a simple finger under her chin to force into the confrontation.

"I mean it's been years so I wasn't sure if we were still..." she mumbled.

Gojo smiled gently and carefully maneuvered his hand to cup her cheeks. He leaned down once again, this time determined to finish what he intended. The kiss was soft at least softer from what she recalled. Yet her the surprise on her face was quickly replaced by a tender look as she opened her eyes to his loving gaze.

Gojo threw his arms around her and pressed her against his chest as he turned to the visibly awkward student "I would say we are more than old friends."