━ chapter twenty

i changed my mind this is in 1st pov

I sat idly in class, my head resting in my hand as I fiddled with my pen in the other hand. "Okay that's it, remember, there's only one week left until the final exams. You're all studying properly, right?" My head snaps up to the sleep-deprived man at the front of the class. 

I glance to my right at Kaminari who shared an equal face of confusion and fear.

"As you should know, it won't just be written, there'll be a practical component too." I sigh in relief. "That doesn't mean you can do bad in your written exam." His eyes flash between Kaminari, Mina and I.

"Make sure you train your bodies and minds at the same time." He moves from the podium and opens the door, "That's all." He leaves. My head slams against the desk and I let out over-dramatic sobs. 

Number twenty one: "I haven't studied at all!" Kaminari cries from beside me. Number twenty: "With the sports festival and the internship, I haven't studied." Mina laughs loudly.

Number eighteen: "I didn't even know we had exams!" I sob, my face smushed against the table. Number fourteen: "It's true we had one event after another- but you should've at least guessed we'd have our final exams Kumiko-San." Tokoyami sighs from the back of the class.

Number nine: "It'll be tough since there'll be a practical exam too." Mineta sighs from behind me. I snap my head around. "N-ninth in the midterms?!" Denki, Mina and I all chime in unison. Mina pointed an accusative finger at him, "And here I thought you were one of us!" She cried.

"Guys like you are only likeable if they're dumb!" I point and shout. "Where's the demand for this?" Kaminari questions. "The world, I guess." Mineta replies. I groan in annoyance, rubbing my hands across my face and walking back to my seat and collapsing into it. Number four: "Ashido, Kaminari, Kumiko!" I snap my head towards the green-haired boy. "L-let's do our best!" 

I collapse onto my desk and fake cry again. Easy for him to say.

A hand grabs a handful of my hair and pulls it up. "You, and you shitty-hair! You guys are studying with me." He orders. I ignore the pain and smile at the boy. "Rea-"

"YES REALLY, NOW SHUT UP!"

The rain pounded the next day, I can't say I enjoy standing on the front porch of Bakugou Katsuki's home on a Saturday morning. Raising my hand, I knock on the door. After about thirty seconds, there are a few yells and calls before the door swings open.

A woman who looks extremely similar to Bakugou and the man himself seem to be almost fighting over opening the door. "Mai Kumiko- is it?" The woman smiles. The first thing I noticed was how clear and glowing her skin was. "I'm Bakugou's mother." I bow slightly, "Nice to meet you Ms Bakugou. You look too young to have a son." I spoke blatantly. 

Have I mentioned this is the first time I've met a friends' parents before?

She lets out a laugh and waves her hand in dismissal. "Oh please, call me Mitsuki." She smiles brightly.

"Okay, move you old hag!" Bakugou insults, grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside. I have barely any time to kick off my shoes. "What did you just call me?! Get back here you brat!" My eyes widen and I look at the woman. "I'm sorry, Ms Mitsuki. It's lovely to meet you!" She laughs lightly as I'm pulled to Bakugou's room.

He slams the door shut and trudges over to his desk. I walk over to his bed and flop on top of it. "What are you doing?" He questions in annoyance. "Kids, I'm heading to work- don't do anything stupid!" I hear Bakugou's mother yell. "Yeah, whatever!" Bakugou yells back. "You and your mum have a strange relationship. It's funny." I giggle, turning onto my back. 

"Get off my bed you freak." Bakugou demands. I tilt my head to the right and look at the boy who sat comfortably at his desk. His legs were spread apart and he leaned against the back of his chair. He wore a casual outfit, grey sweatpants and a white top that was probably a size too small as it showcased all the muscles in his arms.

"Take a picture." The boy huffed, standing up from his desk and grabbing the bag I dropped on the floor. Throwing onto my stomach, I groan and sit up quickly shoving it off my body. "Open it." He demands. I raise my eyebrow, "Aren't we gonna wait for Kirishima?" I ask. He laughs. "You're so much denser than him, it'd be useless trying to tutor you guys at the same time." He explains. "I told him to come by later."

I gasp. "I am not that stupid! I beat Kaminari and Mina." I point out. Bakugou scoffs, sitting on his bed and leaning against his headboard so he's facing me. Raising his arms behind his head. "Is that supposed to be a brag?" He laughs. My eyes trail across his flexed arms. I shake my head snapping out of my trance and look at the boy in annoyance. 

"You're a dick." 

He cackles and sits forward. "Whatever you say, Kitten." My heart pounds and my face flushes red, I cough awkwardly. "Do you have a speaker or something? We should listen to music." The boy leans back again and shrugs, jutting his thumb in the direction of the corner of the room. I notice a large speaker and I hop off the bed to walk over to it. Pulling my phone out and connecting the aux cord into it, I switch the speaker on and scroll through my playlists.

Clicking a random one and hitting shuffle, music suddenly blaring through the speakers. I jump, dropping the phone in my hands and holding my ears. The boy laughs loudly from his place on the bed before he walks towards me. He slowly leans his arm across, turning it down slightly. It still blares loudly- but my ears have gotten used to it. "You're so dramatic." He rolls his eyes.

"My hearings a lot better than yours, ass!"

His body is blocking me from moving, he was leaning against the speaker with one hand while the other was nestled in his tracksuit pocket. My back was against the shelf behind me. Slowly, I glance up to the boy in front of me, Bakugou is already looking at me. I breath in slowly and I can smell the faint scent of vanilla, drawing me in. 

He raises his brow slowly at my expression and I blink slowly at him.

He brings the hand that rested in his pocket up towards my face and used his thumb to rub against the apple of my cheek.

"Have you ever kissed someone before?" The boy questions. Taken aback, I shake my head slightly. I can feel my heart pounding in every part of my body. We're so close. "No." I say quietly.

"Yeah... you look like it."

Bakugou drops his hands by his side and my mouth drops in shock. "Oh my god!" I exclaim in annoyance and embarrassment, shoving the boy across the room from me. "What?! Did you think I was gonna kiss you?" He laughs loudly. My heart drops slightly.

My face reddens immensely and I shake my head at him. "Of course not! Why would I want to kiss you anyway?!" 

"Well no need for that." He scoffs. "No need for your- your annoyingness!" I cried out. "Oh that was a good insult, your quick thinking is unsurpassable." He speaks sarcastically with a smile. "I-" I let out an annoyed cry, rubbing my hot face.

"If you wanted to kiss me that bad, you could've just asked-" I wasted no time listening to him. "I'm leaving." I respond, walking towards my bag. "I'm joking. I'm joking!" Bakugou laughs. I almost break into a smile from hearing his genuine laugh but shook it off. "Make it up to me then, for that mean prank." I huff, sitting down at his desk.

"Fine, open the homework."