𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

She walked down the hall as the familiar sound of rain echoed through the corridors of the manor. Her bare feet stepping across the cold stone floor as she approached the window to her left. The sky painted a dark grey color as the rain fell from the sky, it almost reminded her of the day she met him.

She had spent several cold and lonely nights searching for her lover, she searched every corridor, every room, but alas it was as if he was hiding from her. The candles that held the light in the hall started to flicker as she made her way to the end of the corridor. Every night that passed by seemed like another decade that she had been separated from him.

She called out his name into the darkness, but like every night there was no response. She continued in this pattern every day that week and for every week after that, it was as if he had disappeared.

She walked the corridors, searched the rooms, peered out the windows, and returned to her room every night but no progress had been made.

The girl's heart ached as his presence was still absent, she longed to see his face again, to hear his voice. It had been weeks since they had met in the same corridor she continuously walked every night. Somehow that was the spot they always met at day and day again but, it had been weeks.

~~~

Many more nights had passed but the girl continued to wander the corridors she walked time and time again. The long corridors of the manor almost seemed darker tonight, the only thing keeping light would be the moonlight shining in through the large glass panes. A cool breeze hit her curly locks as she stood in the middle of the corridor, admiring the many old paintings that hung on the stone walls. She would never get enough of the art that hung around the manor.

"My love it's you" a voice called from behind her, she turned around slowly only to face the boy for whom she has been searching.

"I have finally found you, why have you been hiding?" He brushed his hand through his hair.

"Me hiding from you? Oh, I could never, I have spent every night looking for you. I believe it has been you hiding my love" she let out a small laugh.

A small distance was held between them as he stretched out his hand to her, "I have to show you something."

She hesitantly grasped his hand as he led her down the corridor towards the front of the manor and through the large foyer.

"Where are we going?" she questioned as they continued to walk across the open floor plan.

A faint sound of waltz music was coming from the ballroom as they approached the enormous dark oak doors of the ballroom.

"After you, my love" he spoke while grasping a hold of the cold metal handles and pulling open the doors.

As the doors opened a large chandelier was revealed along with several couples dancing in some form of pattern. The room was dimly lit as the dancers continued to waltz, music was playing but she couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

"I believe I owe you a dance" he stepped in front of her bowing down and once more extended his hand. The girl grabbed his hand once again as they worked their way into the ballroom rhythm.

The pair danced in the beauty of their death alongside the other ghosts of the manor. Their death may have been tragic but they had each other in the afterlife, dancing to the music in the abandoned manor to which their souls were tied to.

As they danced across the floor their physical presence slowly faded away into oblivion. They had shared their,

One Dance.