Chapter 13: Strategies Forming

Start from the beginning

   "Kukukuku they sure kick your ass!" Ryūen started laughing, prompting the other to do the same.

   "Hahaha, shut the fuck up." I chuckled, putting back my jacket.

   "In case you need something else from me please contact me. Make sure to take care of your health in these upcoming days. Hope we meet again, Ryūen and the rest." I said, handing over a piece of paper.

   "Oh! There's something I forgot to tell you. I've taken a liking to..." I purposely stopped, smiling at them before walking away.

   The moment I left their field of vision, two students started walking besides me. The sun setting down, with the temperature going down it made it a wonderful experience. Not to mention the quietness was pleasant enough for me to close my eyes. Up until now I've been doing too many things, it's good to have a break like this once in a while. Sadly, they interrupted it.

   "I'm surprised Ryūen didn't do anything. Knowing him, he would definitely try to use violence to gain what he wants." The left one said.

   He had a point, I expected him to try something of that sort. But to my surprise he let me go unharmed. Ah! So that's why! Like I thought, he isn't just some delinquent that can only fight.  This is becoming more and more interesting.

   "Yeah. That's exactly why you called us here, isn't that right Mochizuki?" The right one responded, dragging me into the conversation.

   Indeed, I didn't want to get jumped. For precautionary purposes I called them out here. Although I myself can beat them, it won't make sense. Plus my story will not add up, there will be a lot of holes in it.

   "It never hurts to be too cautious. Though I cannot thank you guys enough for accompanying me all the way here." I expressed my gratitude.

   "Don't mention it, it's the least I can do."

   "We had to make sure you didn't get your ass beaten like last time! Hahaha!"

   "Pftt-—Hahahaha."

   "Aw, come on, you know that's not going to happen." I replied, laughing with them.

   After arriving at camp, we wandered a bit. Until we stumbled into a group of girls. Mii-chan was among them, she separated herself from the group.

   "This time you're not injured. I was worried about you!" She expressed her thoughts.

   "Lucky bastard." Even though there was a hint of jealousy, it came out more as sarcasm.

   "To think you're not satisfied with one." He joked, lightly elbowing me.

   "W-wha—I-It's not like that!" Mii-chan denied it profusely, blushing from embarrassment.

   "I agree, her type is people like Hirata." I teased, which made her blush even more.

   Matsushita Chiaki, Satō Maya, Mori Nene, and Inogashira Kokoro joined in because why not? In the end I excused myself, leaving to take a piss.
In reality, I just kind of got bored.

   "I'm back, Ibuki. Did you miss me?" I said, moving closer.

   "Why would I?" She retorted, clearly showing her hostility.

   "Calm down, I just want to talk." She gave me a suspicious look, until I reassured her that I just wanted to exchange some brief words.

   "I met with Ryūen." I simply stated.

   "You did?" She narrowed her eyes, telling to go on.

   "He's a good guy. After all, he gave me permission."