"Dada?"

Without looking away from his notebook Roger mutters, "Yes monkey?"

"Do I go back to Mama now?"

Frowning Roger puts the notebook aside looking down at her, "What makes you ask that?"

"It's my birthday."

Glancing at Brian who stopped reading his book Roger's frown deepens trying to work out his daughter's thought process, "You think because your mum gave you up on your last birthday your dad's going to do the same?" Brian asks, working it out before the drummer.

Rubbing her tired eyes she nods, Roger sits her up looking her in the eye, "Alice, you're not going anywhere. Your home is with me and always will be, your mum left you and isn't coming back but I won't do the same. You don't ever need to worry about me abandoning you because I never will, your birthday is a day to celebrate."

He can't believe it's been a year since she came into his life, "I know you're not feeling very well for this birthday but when your feeling better we can go out and do something together. Freddie and Deaky should be over in a bit with your presents," As she starts to fall back to sleep Roger pulls her forward to lie on his chest, her face buried in the crook of his neck, "Your my daughter, Alice and I love you."

------

August 1972

After their break, Queen got back in the studio in June, putting demos out to anyone that would take them.

It's another overnight session and Alice is sat on the sofa next to Veronica, John's girlfriend. Veronica left to go to the bathroom when two unknown men come into the studio, "Who's in the booth?" One man asks the tech guy.

"Some student band," The guy replies, "Being up all night mate."

Alice doesn't like the unenthusiastic answer and speaks up, "They're Queen."

The two men turn towards her, "Queen huh? And you are?"

"Alice Taylor. My daddy is Queen's drummer, Roger Taylor. Who are you?"

"I'm Roy Baker and this is John Anthony we work for Trident studios," Roy smiles crouching in front of her, "You think your dad's band are any good?"

"Yeah, the best. They'll be legends one day, I can tell," She speaks in a matter of fact tone, confident in her words.

"I don't know about legends but I think they have potential," Roy stands and listens to the band then looks at the tech guy, "They got any demos?" They take a copy and leave before the band members leave the recording booth, none the wiser about what's just happened.

Not wanting to get into trouble for talking to a stranger Alice stays quiet about it. A week later when she's going to Freddie's parents for his birthday with her dad and Brian she'd completely forgot about the encounter.

Sat on Roger's lap Alice listens to the conversation going on around while eating, "Did Forrokh not tell you he was born in Zanzibar?" Freddie's mum, Jer got out a photo album of Freddie's as a child, "Mary, have a look at these."

"Your look cute Uncle Freddie," Alice climbs out of Roger's lap to have a look.

"Thank you lovie," Freddie ruffles her hair, "At least someone thinks so."

Getting up to sit next to Kash, Roger moves to the spare chair beside her and Alice goes to sit on John's lap. She listened to Freddie singing happy birthday to himself when the phone rang so she moves her attention back to Jer's conversation with Brian, "Freddie tells me your a scientist?"