1

A heavy sleeper is one of the things Taehyung is not. In fact, he can't even tell if he has ever been able to sleep undisturbed by footsteps, the ticking of the kitchen clock, or the early morning sun's rays of light. Not even since he moved out from his dad's house four years ago, after he had just turned twenty, has he slept in peace.

This particular morning, Taehyung is bothered by the guy, whose name he honestly already forgot, who has his arms wrapped too tight around his bare waist. He tries to squirm away from his grip, but the guy only holds him tighter; refusing to let go despite having no issue doing so the second they finished having sex last night.

Taehyung wasn't bothered by it. In fact, he doesn't really like cuddling after sex. You're sweaty and the smell of body fluids is strong enough for you to have to open a window. Why would he want to cuddle then when he could immediately have a shower?

Taehyung puts one arm over his eyes to try and block out the bright white light from the window and is just about to physically push the guy away from himself when his cell phone rings somewhere in the bedroom. Taehyung's head starts pounding the second he moves to sit up, and he has to support his head in his hands for a moment to keep from getting dizzy.

The phone isn't anywhere on the nightstand or the bed, so Taehyung reaches over and finds it on the floor on top of the black pants he wore to the bar last night. He groans as he puts the phone to his ear, leaning back against the headboard. The guy finally releases his grip just enough for Taehyung to be able to breathe a little easier.

"Hello?" Taehyung mumbles.

"Did I wake you?" It's Namjoon, Taehyung's best friend.

"Yeah, it's fine," Taehyung says, rubbing at the frown on his forehead. "What time is it?"

"Almost noon," Namjoon says.

"Mmh, what is it?"

"You know our anniversary is coming up?" Namjoon says, more like a question than a statement. "We were talking about going abroad, you remember?"

"Awh, babe, congratulations to us."

"I'm rolling my eyes."

"I heard," Taehyung says, glancing at the guy whose face is now buried against a pillow. Taehyung's favorite pillow, in fact. He'll have to throw it out.

"Anyway, we aren't going abroad because Ry really doesn't want to get on a plane for longer than necessary," Namjoon says, his voice tired. "So we thought about going to Las Vegas instead because it's close. Sounds fun, huh?"

"Why are you taking a kid to a party city?"

"There are other things to do in Vegas, Taehyung," Namjoon says, very judgmental.

"Like?"

Namjoon sighs. "Just say yes, will you?"

"Of course, man. I was just playing, of course I'll come."

"Good, it'll be fun."

"You sound very enthusiastic."

"Yeah, it's just a lot."

If Taehyung were to describe Namjoon with three words, they would be stressed, exhausted, and worried. Of course, Namjoon is so much more than that, but those things are what stand out the most. Especially lately.

Taehyung has known Namjoon for a long time now, and they've always gotten along well despite Namjoon being four years older. They started talking when Taehyung was seventeen and Namjoon twenty-one.