1; Audition

1; "We're scanning the scene in the city tonight" -Seek & Destroy 83'

Fall of 1986

I walk up to a small Coffee Shop, I glance down at the small piece I had in my pocket. "The Silver Crest Donut Shop" I guess I'm at the right place then, I push the door open and glance around. Immediately spotting a familiar face in the distance sulking, I make my way over to the table.

"Lars" He didn't move, just staring at his coffee, Huddled in the corner of the booth. He looks miserable "Hey, Lars," I say patting him on the shoulder. "Hey," He says, sounding tired. I sit down across from him, Looking over at him I notice his eyebags. "I'll be back," He says as he picks up his coffee and walks away from the table.

I hear someone walk over to the table, I turn around to look and spot Kirk."You sure we're doing this" I ask as he sits down where Lars was sitting. "Yeah, we have to" He replies with a sorrowful look, before looking at the clock "Shit, We gotta go," He said hurrying up and grabbing his jacket, and motioning for me to get going.

After the car ride from The Coffee Shop to The Studio, Which was about 5 minutes long. We got out of the car and entered The Studio to see James and Lars with a guy setting up in the studio. I walk to the recording room and watch as Kirk goes and joins them. Number 29, This guy is the 29th person we have tried out today. Everyone is tired but we have to go on.

James says "We won't call. you didn't get the job" before the person walks out of the room, I step out into the hallway. "Next!" I say as I go back to the Recording room. "What's your name, Who are you?" I ask looking at him, I sort of recognized him, I may have done his first audition. I'm not sure but I've seen him somewhere. "I'm Jason Newsted" he replied smiling at me, a few seconds later the boys called him over as I made my way back to the recording area "Ready?" I ask before James gives a thumbs up. I hit the recording button.

"Seek and Destroy" "Creeping Death" "Fight Fire with Fire"

We had finished recording, I was sitting in the practice room with Kirk and Lars talking about Jason, We overall said he was impressive. He has a passion for it. When James walked in "We need him to join," He said before walking back out.

"James is gonna bring him to dinner downtown" Kirk mentioned smiling "Okay okay, We're gonna prepare for when he gets back" Lars adds on Exciditly "You're gonna haze him aren't you," I say "Fuck Yeah!" Lars says.

James has gotten back with Jason, Kirk and Lars were hysterically drunk dancing with each other while James began to join in the dancing as well. "Hey, Jason," I say walking over towards him with a bottle of vodka in my hand. "Cherry, Right?" He asks. "Yeah," I say "Oh hey, Welcome to the band!" I add as he tries to reply I hug him softly, He stands there awkwardly before he gently hugs back before I pull away.

"Have you had a chance to talk to the guys yet?" I say "Not yet," he says before I pull him over to the guys "James the lion, Danish Twat, and Kirky Boy," I say pointing to each one of them "I'm not a fuckin' Danish Twat" Lars Yells, Slurring his speech. Kirk throws his arm around Lars' shoulder lazily "And She's my sister" Kirk adds.

"Got it," Jason says as we walk to the couch. "They're really hitting it off" I hear Lars say while talking to Kirk "I know, That might be good?" Kirk said sounding worried. "I mean she is doing better since..ya know" James adds in while walking into the kitchen. I notice Lars walks over to us.

He stops behind Jason, tapping him on the shoulder slightly talking."I need to talk to you for just a bit" He says before smiling and waving at me. "Yeah sure" Jason replies happily. I know what they're gonna do, get him Shit Faced and then probably leave him there. I mean none of them are really "In the band" as Lars has said many times, you're only known as previously being in the band if you leave or get fired.