𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚

This one shot is written first person perspective! <3

"HAAA—?! CAN THIS DAY GET ANY WORSE—"

A large crowd of students were gathered around to watch as the randomly selected students stood in the middle to participate in the challenge. This challenge was different, it didn't involve anything like dealing with curses or any fighting— well, unless you have any complaints on who was picked to do the challenge with you.

By that, I'm definitely reffering to the two of my friends, Nobara and Yuji-kun who have been quarreling in the middle for the last 3 minutes.

It's quite funny to watch actually, in this challenge you have absolutely no way of knowing you will be paired with you. Before the game started, everyone was asked to write their name in a small piece of paper and drop it in the clear large bowl set on the table. Someone will then pick two random papers, containing the names of the students who will proceed with the challenge.

"THERE'S NO WAY I'M DOING IT WITH THIS DORK!"

"HUH?! DORK?! WHO ARE YOU CALLING DORK-?!"

"YOU, IDIOT!"

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?!"

Some people laughed as they argued, some were muttering things to themselves. As for me, I'm not sure if I should really be finding this funny— or if I should be worried. But the again, the two of them are literally like a cat and a dog sometimes. They're different, but also the same in some ways.

Nobara stepped on Yuji's feet, making him jump and hold his feet. He screamed in pain,  I think he even had some bits of tears on the side of his eyes— but still glared at Nobara as she glared back at him. Not long after, some of the seniors- students who were in a higher level decided that we just move on and pick two different people.

What's happening right now isn't actually part of our training to get stronger and be the best sorcerers we can be, everyone just thought it would be nice to have fun once in a while. For the third years, second years and first years to get together. We're actually in a party right now. Each level were assigned a task to contribute to the celebration, I heard from Maki that the second years were tasked to come up with activities to do. Apparently, the pocky challenge was one of the activities planned.

I've only been sitting this entire time, so far my name hasn't been picked yet— to be honest, I am a little bit nervous. People who do this challenge often end up kissing, unless one decides to lose on purpose to avoid the kissing or really just loses. Two new papers were picked, and two different names called out loud. I stopped paying attention to the activity, as Nobara and Yuji sat down on the chairs just beside me. I was in seated in the middle. I looked at the two of them, giggling a bit. "Are you two okay?"

Nobara gave me a small smile, assuring that she was all good. Before she stood up, saying she'll go get some punch. I nodded to her in response, before turning to Yuji.
"Ahhh.. that was tiring" he said, laying back in the chair. I giggled once more. "But, I'm alright!" He flashed a happy smile, with a thumbs up, like he always did.  I then looked around to look for Fushiguro- since I haven't seen him in a bit and spotted him talking to Nobara. They looked happy, even though Fushiguro-kun doesn't really smile often~ I'm glad they're having fun.

"Y/n... and.... Inumaki Toge!"

Everything was fine- everything was perfectly fine, until I heard my name called out loud. Not paying attention to what the crowd gathered around actually helped me forget for a little bit how nervous I was. Actually, I wasn't even THAT nervous, until... Inu-.. Inumaki-?! IM DOING THE POCKY CHALLENGE WITH TOGE?!  Wait, did they really say y/n and Inumaki or did I hear it wrong? All my doubts were wiped away when Maki and Nobara suddenly took my arms and pulled me up from my chair. I was pushed into the very middle of the crowd, with lots of eyes staring.