Chapter 22- Forever

Hi guys! Sorry for not updating in a while, but please enjoy! This is the end of the story, but I will add a bonus epilogue right after I post this chapter. Sorry it's long, but I hope it's a satisfying ending. I love all of you so much, and I'm so grateful for the support. ❤️

Date Tech went ballistic, many girls cried with joy, and some collapsed to the ground with exhaustion.
The girls on the sideline tackled the ones on the court, laughing and cheering.

Honestly, I couldn't help but smile a little at their happiness. I watched in longing as the cheers seemed to last forever. None of us moved an inch. All we could do was hold our tears for the locker room.

When they finally composed themselves, we all lined up at the end line and thanked each other for the game. We shook hands with each other.

Number three and I were at the end of the line and she held my hand in hers.

"Hey, good game," she said sympathetically. I almost didn't hear her from the roars to the audience. I tried to smile, but I think I just looked in pain.

I was.

"Good game," I whispered back to her. I let go of her hand and went back to the end line to thank Karasuno for coming to support us.

"Thank you for coming," Michimiya bowed as she yelled it as loud as she could, but I don't think anyone heard her. We all bowed and repeated the thanks.

I didn't even bother looking at the audience. The boys were in the front row, but I just turned and walked with Watabe, who cried silently next to me, to the locker room.

Everyone cried as they changed except for me. I was numb. This had never happened before.

I had always made it to Nationals. Sure I had lost in the national tournament before, but there, I knew I had done everything I could with the ability I had.

Why didn't I do the same here? Why couldn't I save anything? My one job as a libero is to keep the ball in play and I couldn't do that.

I had changed into a white t-shirt along with the club jacket and running shorts. I picked up my jersey and looked around at the rest. They were all black, mine was white and dirty from being on the floor all day. All those dirt stains for nothing. Nothing.

I threw the jersey at a locker in anger and stormed out of the room, ignoring calls from Aihara and Michimiya. I stomped into the hall and paced around, looking for something to do, but finding nothing.

I was looking at the ground, so I didn't see the figure in front of me until I bumped into them. I looked up to see the one person I had most wanted to see at that moment. But I didn't seem to care.

Bokuto smiled at me and wrapped me in one of his signature bear hugs. My feet lifted off the ground as he swung me back and forth. When he finally set me down, he looked into my eyes and saw how hard I was trying not to cry in front of him. In front of my best friend.

"Hey hey (Y/N), you did totally awesome today. I know I couldn't have done what you did!" he cooed. It was different from his usual demeanor, which made me want to cry even more.

I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"He's right," Akaashi's voice said behind me. I turned around and looked up to see his calm eyes.

And that when I lost it.

I jumped into Bokuto, not caring about getting his jacket wet, and I sobbed there for a while. They were both in Fukurodani gear. How did I not see that before?