Chapter 19- Fight!

Cameras everywhere. Impact player voting kiosks everywhere. There was only one court, a banner on either side.
Fly.
The Iron Wall of Date.
One match.
Five sets.
Twenty five points.
Twelve players.
We walked through the doors, jerseys dawned, hair up, and shoes tied. Our game faces showed above our thoughts. I was just behind Michimiya and Aihara, strutting the way I used to when these matches rolled around. Except with Fukurodani I wasn't as worried.
I looked up to see the Karasuno student body, decked in orange and black just as they had done before with the boys. It was a large group, a large group that would be let down if we lost.
"Hey," Michimiya snapped me out of my thoughts. " You've gotten us this far. Don't crap out on us now."
I nodded, letting out a breath.
Our bench was already stocked with water bottles, and we were given the okay to warm up by the referees.
As always, Aihara warmed up her arm with me. It was a good warm up, especially because we didn't feel good on the inside. I think everyone wanted to throw up. They called for captains, and Michimiya went over to the coin toss.
The cheers had sort of drowned into white noise for me. Nothing was happening around me, which was a good sign. I blocked out all the stomach acid that was threatening to come up. I blocked out the soreness of my voice.
The ring to signal that the teams should meet sounded, and we all huddled up.
"Okay," Michimiya started. "We're gonna have the same lineup. Watabe, be ready to go in."
She nodded and looked at me. I nodded in return.
"It's just another match ladies," she said. "Don't worry. If we play, then we'll be fine."
The ring sounded so that we could all go to the end line to thank each other.
"Thank you for the game!"

Since Date Tech had the first serve, the announcer said their names and lineup first. I didn't care about their names, so I didn't listen. All I could focus on was how huge their front row was. 1, 3, and 7 were their tallest players. They were all easily a foot taller than me, even more.
That's not intimidating at all...
Our team manager stood at the front of the line, ready to give seven of us a high five as we entered the court.
Karasuno High's Lineup:
# 5 Aoke Manami
She high fived our manager and ran on to the court, waving at the crowd, as she had seen some of the Date Tech girls do.
# 1 Captain: Yui Michimiya
She huffed and walked onto the court. She looked so relaxed.
# 3 Rinko Sudou
The manager had to reach to touch her hands, and she ran onto the court, immediately going to the middle blocker position.
# 2 Mao Aihara
She hesitated before approaching the manager. She waved at the crowd as well, a fake smile decorating her face.
# 4 Moe Kikuchi
Kikuchi was the only first year on the team, so she was trembling with both fear and excitement as she tried to look calm.
# 11 Chizuru Sasaki
She looked the most calm out of all of us. Out of everyone on the court. I finally looked at Date Tech, and they looked just as nervous as we did.
The referees checked the lineups and allowed the Date Tech libero to go first. The announcer called out her name and number (#3, this is important, cuz I'm not gonna say the date tech libero every time I wanna address her lol) as she switched with their middle back. I then looked back to the ref, who signaled for me to go on.
# 6 Libero: (Y/N) (L/N)
I decided not to wave to the crowd and keep my attention on my team instead. Sasaki gave me a calm nod before walking off the court.
"We can do this ladies," Michimiya said with the six of us in a huddle. Be aware of the block at all times, tip it over if you have to."
We all held our hands up, ready to cheer.
"KARASUNO FIGHT!"

FIGHT!

Ok I was going to try and do the chapter line spacing, and I would have, but I forgot, and I'm really not doing so hot right now, so I promise I'll do that next chapter, hopefully when I'm feeling better about myself. Hope you enjoyed, sorry it's so short.