I'll always be there for you

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've just been focusing on school work and my other books lately. Thank you for reading this!

Mari's POV:
20 minutes later I'm sitting on my bed scooping out huge spoonfuls of strawberry ice cream and pushing it into my mouth. This only provides temporary happiness though. I turn on the radio and change it with every station that turns on:
(guess the songs)
"It must have been love, but it's over no-"
"I know you love her but it's over mate. It doesn't matter put the phone awa-"
"That's why I can't love you in the dar-"
"We found love in a hopeless place. We found love in hopeless pla-"
"We must kill this love, yeah it's sad but true, gotta kill this lov-"
"Listen to your heart before you tell him goodbyye."

With that I turned off the radio and buried my face deeper into my pillow. Why is this my life? Why was I chosen to be Ladybug? Why does Cat Noir have to love me? Why does Luka love me, I'm nothing special. Why does everything stop me from being who I truly am?

"Marinette?" my parents knock on my door. I locked it, the last thing I want to do right now is to explain all this to my parents. I stay where I am, just staring at the roof. It feels safer, just in my room, not letting anyone in.

But then my phone starts ringing. I turn it over to see that it's my parents. I press the red button. But then they ring a second time and then a third. I can't take it anymore!

"What?!" I pick up.
"Luka's here. He's downstairs," mom explains.
"Huh? He is?" what is he doing here? He's probably here to say this relationship will never work. I get up and take a look in the mirror... I look like a trainwreck. I throw cold water on my face.
"Marinette?" oops! I forgot the phone was still on.
"Coming!" I then hang up. I quickly run my fingers through my hair. At least I'm not a train wreck anymore, I'm a car wreck.

"Marinette!" My mom bangs on my door.
"Coming!" I sigh, oh well.

When I walk downstairs. Luka immediately rushes over to me and pulls me into a hug.
"?!" what is he doing?
"Marinette, are you ok? You scared me so much. I was really worried," I feel more tears welling up in my eyes. He shouldn't care this much for me. I'll only ruin his life more.
"Luka... you don't have to do this. I'm not the kind of girl you think I am," I separate from him and look into his beautiful blue eyes.
"I already know Marinette. You're not the type of girl I think you are because you are so much more. And I want to do this, I'll always be there for you Marinette, no matter what," he smiles at me.
"What?" I'm stunned. I really don't deserve this.

"When Cat Noir took you away I was so scared. I thought that you were gone forever for a second and I felt lost. You're the one that keeps me going Marinette, you're the most beautiful, sincere and kind girl I know," I run into his arms and sob.
"Luka... don't do this for me. I'm not worth it..." he tightens his grip around me.
"No you're not worth it... you're worth so much more. More than you could ever realise Marinette," we stay hugging in the middle of the room.

I hear a sob behind me. I turn to see my mother blowing her nose and my dad mumbling to himself not to cry.

"Sorry I'm a mess right now," I wipe my eyes. This is so humiliating.
"It's ok. After you get cleaned up we can then go to where I wanted to go originally," he smiles.
"Wait... you still want to go out with me?" hope rises in me.
"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I. I'm just sorry about what happened today," he apologises.
"Why are you sorry? It was that mangy cat! I'll be down in 20 minutes!" I run upstairs when I feel like I'm walking on sunshine.
"So let's have a talk young man," dad turns to Luka. I hope he lasts hehe.

I run upstairs. Should I redo my makeup? Nah, I'll feel better natural. I get out of my clothes and put my pink dress back on:

 I get out of my clothes and put my pink dress back on:

Picture by DevianArt.

As I walk down I feel like a princess. Luka's looking at me with fascination.
"I never had a chance to comment on how good that looks on you," he blushes.
"Really? You like it?" joy rises in me. He likes something I made!
"I love it," he stands in front of me. Our faces slowly move towards each other, I want this but my heart is going crazy, then his hand finds mine and I know it will be ok.
"No! Not right now young man!" Dad grabs my shoulders and pulls me back.
"Tom!" Mum slaps him with some cookies.
"Ow..."
We all laugh.
"Be back before 10pm! Have fun!" Mum calls while we run out giggling, he holds my hand the entire way back to the yacht.

"So shall we go?" he gets in a car.
"Wait... you can drive?" I'm shocked. He nods. I get in the front even more excited than ever.
"So where are we going?"
"It's a surprise," he winks at me. I laugh, of course it is.
I can't wait.