42.

Hinata tapped his foot rapidly, waiting for an explanation and to why some of his classmates (acquaints?) were spying on him at fucking three a.m. in the goddamn morning!

And he was getting a bit impatient.

Terushima, Nishinoya, and Semi were further back, watching this scene unfold with amusement.

Sugawara was sitting criss-cross, pouting angrily, Tsukishima looked like he didn't want to be here, Atsumu just looked bored, and Kenma...is as blank-faced as ever. How they managed to convince Kenma to come is beyond him.

"Well?" He practically growled, voice dripping with anger.

Let's backtrack, shall we?

One week ago

Sugawara had been gaining some odd looks from his classmates. Probably because the usually preppy third had a resting-bitch-face and dark eyes covering his features but hey, that's what happens when you have recurring nightmares about your crush saying how the real person will never love you back.

...

Jesus Christ.

Sugawara nearly groaned aloud when he sat down. His chair felt uncomfortable today for some reason. Which is odd because he's had this same seat ever since he started his third-year.

Wonderful. Spectacular.

He resisted the urge to groan when his teacher walked in, his usual happy self. He began talking, his overly joyous and booming voice adding onto Sugawara's overbearing headache.

Absolutely riveting.

He nearly jumped out of his seat when his teacher finally stopped talking due to the bell ringing.

Hour and a half his ass.

It felt like years when he was finally out of that cramped desk.

Huh. Weird. It never felt cramped before.

He gathered his things and rushed out of the classroom, ignoring the calls of his classmates probably trying to invite him to class karaoke. Usually, he'd be down, but right now, he just really needs to talk to a certain someone.

He sped-walked down the hallway and down the stairs to the first-year hall. His class should be getting out right about now.

Sugawara came to a stop, and as if on cue, the bell rung, first-years flowing out of the classroom. He's a bit thankful that no one questions the dark circles under his eyes. Then, there it was, the carrot top among a see of brown, black, and blonde.

"Hinata!" Hinata didn't acknowledge his shout. And upon closer inspection, it looked like he had earpods in connecting to his phone. So, maybe he just didn't hear him.

And just as he was about to take a step towards him, some literal redhead came yanked by the arm, yelling about showing him "something cool".

The light-haired male sighed.

He'll just try later.

***

Hinata could definitely hear him.

One of his earpods wasn't in the other ear.