Summer

Summer has been through than her fair share of intense situations,heartbreak and betrayal. She learned early on never ever to trust anyone,no matter what. She has been born to a white mother who had before she was born been married to her "father". Her mother had confessed to her grandma that she had cheated on Summer's dad with a man on the side of the road in his car and that it was only a stupid one time mistake. Summer's father had taken one look at her once she was born,said,"That baby ain't even mine"! He had walked away,leaving her devastated mother crying and heartbroken. He acted like he hated her all the time. He ignored her and despised her. She had learned to do the same to him. She thought he was cruel. Her grandma treated her pretty much the same way,constantly reminding her she looked and acted just like her mother. Her grandfather had been her only solace,friend and confidant. They were inseperable.Grandpa had banned her mother from seeing her after she attacked Summer's father. Her grandparents and father now had uncontested,sole custody of her. Summer had been a mere 5 yrs old when there was a huge Latino man standing there in the doorway. He wore khaki pants,a black button down short sleeved collared shirt,black dress shoes and a black fedora perched atop his head. His hair was in a low curly ponytail. He wore a gold chain around his neck,a gold bracelet on his wrist and a watch on the other wrist. He had a gold diamond ring adorning his right hand. And a diamond stud in his ear also. He said very nervously,"Um,hi,I'm here to get me and Yasmin's,oops,I mean Yasmin's daughter". When Summer looked into his car she saw a woman sitting in the backseat. Scared,she called out,"Grandpa! Grandpa come quick! There's a man at the front door who wants to take me away"! Instantly her Grandpa appeared with his gun and threatened to shoot the man if he ever dared to come back. She had since lost her Grandparents,was cut off by her dad and his new wife. Her mom had also since met and remarried a real nice Puerto Rican man,who always treated her mother like a queen and Summer as his lil princess. She adored him. His name was Rico and he had formally adopted Summer,so she was his real daughter as far as he and she were concerned. He spoiled her and tried to shield her from harm as best he could. Then her mom and Rico were tragically killed in a car accident and she had nobody. She went to a foster home,where she was beaten,talked down to and then almost raped. She was forced to do other things to the pervert who abused her. She resorted to drugs and alcohol to escape,but realized her problems were always there when she sobered up. So then she had tried to commit suicide. Then came one bad,abusive relationship after another. Finally she had had enough. She had ran away to New York city and tried to make it by herself but then had to demean herself with a "sugar daddy". She used him to get to the point where she now was.....about to fly to Florida,to get on a cruise ship bound for Puerto Rico.