CH. 15 ~ Lantern Rite Festival (real)

Damn I really got yall fooled,
say cheese 😁📸

I'm keeping that chapter cuz ur comments amuse me

---

A few days have passed, you and your lover arrived back in Liyue Harbor just in time for the Lantern rite Festival.

The streets were already decorated and there were stalls and mini games prepared. Normal lanterns were hung above each pole and pillar that were visible, and the people of Liyue are already in good spirits.

"This is it Mr. Albedo! The best festival in all of Liyue!" You cheered and dragged him to look around some stalls.

The streets were really full of people, music blasted from a few stalls away, kids running around carefree, the aroma of Wanmin Restaurant's best vegetarian dishes. Yep, this is the Lantern rite festival alright. The happiness and excitement of this festival never gets old.

"We should design our own Xiao Lanterns, how's that sound?" You asked Albedo in which he nods in agreement. Already having ideas of what to design.

"Hi miss, we'd like to buy 3 Xiao Lanterns!" You offered the seller a small bag of 3000 mora.

"Sure thing lady Y/N!, I see you've brought another friend of yours" She happily offered you three Xiao Lanterns.

"Lover" You mumbled and took the lanterns. "My oh my! This is big ne-"

"YEAH YEAH SHHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE!" You whisper yelled. Surely it's already obvious you two are dating but you were a bit flustered since the people in Liyue knew you prefered adventures than romance.

"Why have you bought three?" Albedo questioned, walking beside you as you both exited the gates of Liyue Harbor. On the way to you and Xiao's usual place to gaze at the lanterns.

"Xiao's supposed to be with us. After all, this isn't a festival without him" You gave Albedo one lantern to call his own.

"oh" He sounded a bit disappointed for the man wanted to be alone with you. This would've been his special night with you.

"Have you already planned your wish?" You asked him, preparing to decorate your lantern with black paint. Albedo paused for a bit, processing your question.

"Yes, in fact. I already have" He nods, you're totally not included in his wish or whatever.
"I suppose you've planned out yours?" You hummed in response.

Albedo already had an idea of what you were wishing for, since you've mentioned this before. Though he knew your wish is most likely not possible.

"Are you certain that's what you wanna wish for?" He looks at you, you put down your brush and faced him too.

"huh? What do you mean?"

"The night you were drunk, you wished to be human" He said, not adding further more details.

"Oh, I said that?" You scratched your cheek. "I was drunk. Even though I do want to be human, I would never want to give up my role as an adeptus. I'm proud of serving Morax and I'd be considered a traitor if I messed with his creations, that includes me" You blushed in embarrassment.

"You'd never turn your back on him huh?"

"never in a million years!" You exclaimed.

"So you love him more than me?" Your usually neutral faced boyfriend faked a tear.

"WHA- NO- It's not like that!" You shook your head aggressively.

"I'm teasing. I understand you would put your God first" He chuckles.