CH. 8 ~ Farewell, not

You woke up feeling lightheaded. This feels familiar—of course because you felt this the last time you were drunk. Such a strange feeling.

The first and obvious thing you did was looking around the room you were in. Catching a certain ashy light blonde male as you glanced at the corner of your eyes.

He was in a deep slumber, and it looked like his position was very uncomfortable.

"he slept on this wooden chair all night?" You thought, worrying for his behalf. So as to pay him back, you walked downstairs on stealth mode. Looking for the Kitchen.

Looking on every single cabinet, you decided to create his special dish; woodland dream. You also made prosperous peace for yourself.

Once you've prepared the food on the table, Albedo came just in time to join you for breakfast.

"aren't you still dizzy from last night?" He questioned, taking a seat in front of the dish you've made.

"slightly, but I'd like to thank you for always helping me out" Before digging into your food, you clasp your hands together for a brief moment to say "thank you Rex Lapis for the food"

"you know there are other gods-" Albedo stops you from touching your food.

"Oh right right... ahem. Thank you Gods for the food" You said impatiently, wanting to eat the prosperous peace.

After eating your delicious breakfast and getting showered compliments of your cooking, you both head outside to look for something to do.

Walking to the market, you see a familiar blondie with a floating mascot. Ahh, the traveler.

"Lumine! Hey!" You ran towards the both of them.

(I chose Lumine as the traveler because other fanfics always choose Aether soooo)

"Y/N! Long time no see~" You hear Paimons's usual high pitched cheerful voice.

"You know the honorary knight?" Albedo asks.

"honorary knight? Huh I didn't know.. but yes! We met at the Jade chamber, we also fought together during Osial's attack" You faced Lumine. "Anyways, where are you two headed?"

"To Liyue, the festival is around the corner so we want to help around" Lumine speaks with her naturally gentle and smooth voice. "We want to leave Mondstadt as early as possible so that we'd arrive before it gets dark" Paimon added.

"Well that's good to hear, I'll meet you both back at Liyue tomorrow then" You and Albedo waved as the duo walked out of the gate, waving back as well.

"Those two, such kind hearted souls" You smiled as you put your fists on your hips. "Indeed, though I really wonder how Paimon ended up in Teyvat" Albedo does his usual thinking pose.

"My theory is that she was meant to be meat for the hungry and scary pirates. But it was war at that time, so the sea was angry to the point the ship sank! Then Paimon washed up to shore and met Lumine. Improv; Lumine was hungry too, so she ate Paimon! The end"

"That is way too unrealistic, but you're adorable" He patted your head, earning a giggle from you.

"Well then, how about we visit the Cathedral and the knights of Favonius Headquarters afterwards?" He suggests. You nodded and let him lead the way.

As you stepped into the Cathedral, you could see your own reflection on the floor. The glass windows were built into colorful artwork based off Mondstadt history. Only a few people were present, mostly sisters.

"What's a Fatui doing here?" You raised a brow. "I have no idea. He's been idling here most of the time" Albedo crosses his arms.

"Perhaps waiting for some orders. Either way, he does not belong here" He shakes his head. You agreed as much. After what happened to Liyue, you never trusted any Fatui Harbingers passing your way. They nearly destroyed your home and most of all, disrespected the name of Rex Lapis.