Chapter 5: The Message in blood

Start from the beginning

"C'mon, Ron." I said, giving Seamus the death stare.

We got dressed as quickly as possible, I didn't even bother with my hair, and met up with Kai in the common room. Mcgonagall was already there.

"Hello, Professor." I greeted Mcgonagall.

"Good morning, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley." she replied. She turned back to Kai, "I shall inform the Headmaster." Kai gave her a quick nod, as she strided out of the common room and through the portrait.

"She'll be ok." Ron said, attempting to be reassuring, but failing miserably, "Knowing Gin, she's probably snuck out-"

"SHUT UP, RON!" I yelled, all the anger that I had kept in me for ages bursting out.

"Chill, mate." he said, putting his hands up in a protective way.

"Harry! What the hell got into you!" Kai scolded me.

"Sorry, sorry," I apologized, putting my hands up in surrender, "got a bit carried away."

"Let's get breakfast. I'm bloody starving." Ron suggested. I nodded and we headed down to the Great Hall.

>⋅<

I walked through the corridor headed back for the common room.

"Blood." I stopped in my tracks.

"I smell blood." I looked around, trying to identify where it was coming from.

Its moving

"Let me rip you," I moved towards the wall, and placed my ear against it.

"Let me kill you" I moved along the wall with it, ear still pressed against it.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. KILL."

"Harry!" Hermione and Ron ran over to me.

"Did you hear it?!?" I questioned.

"Hear what?" Ron asked, confionsion taking over his face.

"That voice." I explained.

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione started to worry.

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then again just-"

"This time." the strange voice slithered again.

"It's moving." I stated, "I think it's going to kill."

"Kill?" Ron asked, fear in his voice. I began to run after the voice.

"Harry, wait!" Hermione called, as she and Ron ran after me, "Not so fast!" I came to a stop at an intersection between the corridor. The floor was wet. All of a sudden, Hermione, Ron and I came to a stop. Spiders were crawling up the side of the wall and out the window, all lined up in single-file.

What the...

"Stange." I said, Hermione looked at me, confused, "I've never seen spiders act like that."

"I don't like spiders." Ron informed, he was obviously scared. Our gaze fell to the other side of the corridor. In the water was some kind of red writing.

"What's that?" Ron asked. I looked up at the wall, realizing it was a reflection.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir...beware." Hermione read.

"It's written in blood!" Hermione gasped. A cat hung, by the tail, from one of the candle holders on the wall. She gasped again, before realization hit her.

"Professor Binns talked about a chamber of secrets. Apparently there is some monster inside it that only the heir of Slytherin can control." Hermione recited.

"Mr. Potter, Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley, may I ask wha-" We spun 'round to see Mcgonagall, Dumbledore and Filch standing there.

"The chamber of secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir beware." Mcgonagall whisper-read the sentence to herself.

"Mrs. Norris! What did you filthy children do to her? She's dead!" Filch exclaimed, running over to his beloved cat.

"Why is it that whenever something happens, you three are always there?" Mcgonagall asked herself more than us.

"Minerva, could you please take Argus and Mrs. Norris to Poppy?" Dumbledore half ordered half asked.

"Yes, Headmaster" she replied, "Come along now, Argus." Mcgonagal led Filch and Mrs. Norris towards the Hospital Wing.

"Please follow me to my office." Dumbledore ordered, turning to us. We followed him to the corridor to his office.

"Professor Dumbledore!" A familiar voice exclaimed. Kai.

"Harry! Ron! Hermione!" She greeted each of us with a quick hug. She turned back to Dumbledore, a serious face taking over the joyful face.

"Professor, there is someone or something in the walls. I heard voices. They said something about killing someone."

"See!" I said looking at Ron and Hermione, "I wasn't making it up! Kai heard it too!"

"Wait? You couldn't hear it?" Kai asked Hermione and Ron. They both shook their heads.

"I think we should discuss this without unwanted ears hearing anything," Dumbledore suggested, gesturing to the staircase that had emerged. We climbed up the stairs and sat in his office, discussing what had just happened.