"S-Salar," she honeyed, looking at him intensely, who was starting to pull open his eyes.

"Wait I-I'll call the doctor," she fervently got up.

" N-N-o." He was coughing.

"Salar, you have been asleep since days. Let me call him. I'll come at the snap of your finger. You rest and stay strong."

"A-m-al n-no. I wa-nt to sa-y some-thing be-fore its late..."

"What late? You are not going anywhere. I will teach a good lesson once we reach home. YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE STUPID!"

A cryptic small smile grazed his face as he shook his head slightly.

"No, let me! Forgive me if I have hurt you. Forgive me for being a bad husband and father...I may not be there to take care of both of you."

"Shut up! Just shut up," she gritted with rage.

"During my last breath also you won't lend me mere words?"

He whizzed followed by a grotesque cough. Her heart dropped to the floor by his words.

"I have loved you and only you. You have been the best wife. I wanted to spend some more winters with you but I guess the blizzard has come to take away my fragile snowflakes. Please take care of my parents. Ahad is my most trusted man. Tell him to donate my half wealth for good and half for you and my parents and don't kill yourself in my memory..."

The next moments were a haze with the beep of an ECG machine, her panic and screams, doctors rushing to the room, him being taken to the operation hall and after five minutes the doctor came out shaking head as he removed his glasses.

━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━

31st December took away whatever she had in her bag. She went crazy to such an extent that she didn't give any concern to her innocent fetus to whom she killed herself by the bane. Days of her Iddat came to cease but she didn't. She caressed her non-existent belly in the guilt of his last wish. A bitter cry left her mouth. She has been nothing but bones since God knows when. A knock on the door made her wipe the water away.

"Jee Mummy aajaeye."

(Yes Mummy come in.)

"Kaisa hai mera baccha. Chalo shabash uth jao ab. Kheer banae hai manai apne gudiya ke liye."

(How is my child? Come on, very good get up now. I have prepared Kheer for my doll.)

She never loved sweets but at least they didn't taste bitter and savourless as they do now.

"Jee aa rahi hu Mummy." She kissed her mother's cheek before rushing to the washbasin to look at the frazzled red eyes, chapped lips and pallor face.

(Yes I'm coming Mummy.)

Pathetic human.

Short and sweet conversations, fabricated smiles, assuring her in-laws and parents that she was OKAY has been her holy monotonous routine. Late-night cries were her only bestie.

and he left her with a mound of elegies

Wildan left for Bradford a week later for his job although he didn't want to but couldn't make it up to see her in a lost gloomy state. He was going to come to India after a week for some critical conversation.

━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━

His arrival brought a puddle of joy to Zaafir and Faiqa. She prepared Kheer on his arrival unlike her; he was a sucker for sweets.

"So Mummy Daddy what is your answer?"

"We cannot make decisions on her part. She is old enough to make her own sensible decisions. However, I don't have any problem on this part," Faiqa patted his cheek to calm his rigid system while Zaafir sat silently putting his face on the entangled fingers. He released a breath proceeding,

"Both of you are equal to me. But here I have concerns as a father of a daughter. I will never drag my daughter into this. If she denies then it is a Big Fat No and nobody will ask my child otherwise."

He left the hall with vehement words.

"Everything will be alright, son," Faiqa assured him, smiling.

"Insha'allah!"

━━━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━━━

𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐄

━━━━━ ☄˖⁺ ⸙͎۪۫˖⁺ ☂ ୭━━━━━
~𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙨

𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕒𝕒𝕒...! 𝔸𝕊𝕊𝔸𝕃𝔸𝕄𝕌𝔸𝕃𝔸𝕀𝕂𝕌𝕄 𝔹𝔼ℍℕ𝕆 𝔸𝕌ℝ 𝕌ℕ𝕂𝔼 𝔹ℍ𝔸𝕀𝕐𝕆.... ;)

𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕛𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕦𝕪𝕤.
𝕊𝕠 𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕤.

𝔻𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕠.

~ℕ𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕥